Are you ready for Stewie 2.0? | The Boneyard

Are you ready for Stewie 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After reading Jim Fuller's article, including his observations on yesterdays practice and Stewie's comments, I'm convinced that we are going to see something special out of Miss Stewart tonight!! Think hibernating bear poked with a stick!! Let's face it, it must be tough to impossible for a 20 year old to get fired up to play at a world class level when they are delivering 50pt beat downs night in and night out. Geno knows this and he has decided to poke the bear with a stick!!

I am expecting to see an unprecedented level of energy at the start of tonights game and it won't be just from Stewie. As a leader, she will have the entire team ramped up. In particular, I think our defensive pressure is going to be suffocating. Look for Stewie to be around the ball on both ends of the floor all night. South Carolina better batten down the hatches because Hurricane Stewie is on the way!!!!

Reaction Score
I won't blame any one player for the sluggish starts, as it seems all of them aren't focused. From missing bunnies to dumb turnovers to lazy passes - they are all guilty and have contributed to the slow starts. Obviously this is not something Geno likes ahead of a big game like tonight's and knows if they look bad against Temple or Memphis then they will be in trouble against South Carolina. As usual the man with 900+ victories and 9 trophies is right.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I won't blame any one player for the sluggish starts, as it seems all of them aren't focused.
Probably true. However, that's part of the "leaders" (Stewart and Tuck) job is to get the others in the right frame of mind.

Reaction Score
I am expecting to see an unprecedented level of energy at the start of tonights game and it won't be just from Stewie. As a leader, she will have the entire team ramped up. In particular, I think our defensive pressure is going to be suffocating. Look for Stewie to be around the ball on both ends of the floor all night. South Carolina better batten down the hatches because Hurricane Stewie is on the way!!!!

I hope the initial energy is more evident on the defensive side - as UConn is great at defense without fouling - but often high energy and adrenalin translates into too much hurry on the offensive side.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I hate to think of hibernating bears, or any bears at all, for that matter, but other than that, right on!!

Reaction Score
Energy is fine but too much energy can lead to playing too fast. Focus is the key. Focus on what you need to do and how you need to play and play smart.

Reaction Score
Well, apparently SC was not ready for Stewie 2.0-buy my goodness the fans were!! I have been to many Uconn games but that game last night had an atmosphere unlike anything since the old UCONN/Tenn days. By sheer luck I ran into a season ticket holder with two extra tix while hunting down the scalpers and ended up sitting in the first row behind Doris and Dave (yes, I was the obnoxious guy in the Uconn #23 shirt during the broadcast). The entire team was incredible but Stewie was simply possessed-possibly one of the most dominating performances I have seen from a Uconn player in a big time game!!

In a very cool post game moment, the students that had Got Rings? painted on their chests called over and over for Stewie when she finished her interview. With a priceless grin on her face, she jogged over to them for a series of pictures and then was joined by KML-the two of them were exuding joy-it was just perfect!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom