Are We There Yet?

Reaction Score
They have landed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240404_095835_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240404_095835_Instagram.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
Reaction Score
Here on the West Coast just wondering....did the plane make it to Arizona yet?

Are they safely on the

Here on the West Coast just wondering....did the plane make it to Arizona yet?

Are they safely on the ground?
They had to take a bus to Albany last night and from there they took Amtrak to Pittsburg. They have a 10:20 flight this morning to Duluth where they will refuel and wait for a new crew. From there they will fly directly to Tuscon where they will Uber to Phoenix for a late dinner tonight. That’s assuming all goes accordingly.

Reaction Score
They had to take a bus to Albany last night and from there they took Amtrak to Pittsburg. They have a 10:20 flight this morning to Duluth where they will refuel and wait for a new crew. From there they will fly directly to Tuscon where they will Uber to Phoenix for a late dinner tonight. That’s assuming all goes accordingly.
I understand that if the Uber doesn't show up, the stagecoach between Tucson and Phoenix runs regularly on the hour.

Reaction Score
View attachment 98892

Yes and Hassan has his doggie bag from Capital Grille.
Well at least they got to eat well.

Hit the hay for a few hours and get some sleep and they can get back to their normal routine. Early to bed tonight. I think most of us have had these kind of traveling delays. They have over 2 days to get some good sleep and back to a normal routine. They'll be fine.

Reaction Score
Well at least they got to eat well.

Hit the hay for a few hours and get some sleep and they can get back to their normal routine. Early to bed tonight. I think most of us have had these kind of traveling delays. They have over 2 days to get some good sleep and back to a normal routine. They'll be fine.
The over 2 days is important. The amount of sleep and your daily routine affects you more 2 days later than it does the day after. At one of the schools I worked at, we had a PD presentation that went over the best way to keep a healthy routine, and the presenter talked about this for a solid 15-20 minutes. It was pretty interesting.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Half our freaking team is fasting. We don’t need food. We don’t need sleep. We don’t need a comfy bed. We don’t need a regulation 3 point line. We don’t need a properly inflated ball.

Pound a Bai at sunrise and sunset, play a bit of Taylor, and all we need is 40 minutes and a roundish ball.

Reaction Score
This sounds like a joke. Are John Candy and Steve Martin along for this trip?

Reaction Score
They went to capital grille pre-flight last night, so prob ~4pm. That food was in that bag for 11-12 hours. Is getting food poisoning part of our superstition routine now?
I thought the same thing. They should not be eating that food.

Reaction Score
The over 2 days is important. The amount of sleep and your daily routine affects you more 2 days later than it does the day after. At one of the schools I worked at, we had a PD presentation that went over the best way to keep a healthy routine, and the presenter talked about this for a solid 15-20 minutes. It was pretty interesting.
Completely agree that the second day hits you harder. You can power through the next day, but then you're feeling it.

So today they'll be all right, but probably in for a rough Friday. Fortunately gameday isn't until Saturday, but that's a lot of important prep and getting used to the stadium that will be fuzzy.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. They should not be eating that food.
The food is fine. I eat stuff that is buried in my fridge for 2 weeks, no problem. Yes I have a cast iron stomach but if it doesn’t have active mold on it…..hold that thought…cheese is fine with active mold……

Reaction Score
The food is fine. I eat stuff that is buried in my fridge for 2 weeks, no problem. Yes I have a cast iron stomach but if it doesn’t have active mold on it…..hold that thought…cheese is fine with active mold……
That's the difference. Your food was refrigerated; their food wasn't.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Post/avatar?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This sounds like a joke. Are John Candy and Steve Martin along for this trip?
Remember, Andrea Hurley passes out candy before each game.

Martin, in Three Amigos garb, will be playing banjo outside the Phoenix Zoo on the night of the Taylor Swift Candlelight Concert with similarly-attired TS and Sydney Sweeney look-alikes passing out Bai wonder water samples.

The team will appear at the initial press conference wearing thick, fluffy Husky-themed Nike Mambo bedroom slippers gifted by Vanessa Bryant, and there will be a complex rotation of players appearing to doze off throughout the session.

Obviously not as to each detail, but Hurley planned or endorsed the travel delay as a team performance motivator, with much being improvised in response to various new developments throughout the ordeal.

Expect to see a few strategically-placed "Don't sleep on Springs" signs, part of an NIL tie-in with a mail-order, boxed mattress company. The appearance of former Husky legend Richie Springs, who has as many National Championship rings as Jim Boeheim, is rumored to be part of the program but is as yet unconfirmed.

Mojo rising...

Reaction Score
Completely agree that the second day hits you harder. You can power through the next day, but then you're feeling it.

So today they'll be all right, but probably in for a rough Friday. Fortunately gameday isn't until Saturday, but that's a lot of important prep and getting used to the stadium that will be fuzzy.
If you don’t sleep tonight then yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom