Are we sure? | The Boneyard

Are we sure?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You have 8 seconds and the ball and one time out. You have option A - call time out draw a play up for the best shooter or option b let your team do whatever they want and hope your best shooter gets a look.

There is one right answer, draw up a play.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You have 8 seconds and the ball and one time out. You have option A - call time out draw a play up for the best shooter or option b let your team do whatever they want and hope your best shooter gets a look.

I mean we got a decent look for our best shooter.

polycom

Reaction Score
So a nba 3 is a good look... guys what are you talking about? If they were going to foul they would have fouled on the inbounds. Fine you let the good look happen, then after Carlton gets the rebound how about a timeout then? Instead of letting 1.7 tick off? We pay Hurley 3M a year he has to do a better job in game.

Reaction Score
I am really proud of the heart and the effort UConn showed in this game. Sure they left some points on the board and could’ve made some better plays, but I am really proud especially after the gut wrenching loss of Polley and AG losing his grandma (which is way more important than basketbal).

Reaction Score

We call a timeout and draw up a play, they probably foul. We got as good a look as we were gonna get.

Reaction Score
Don’t think there’s a right call between those options. Both have pros/cons. This game was lost because of poor officiating and poor free-throw shooting on our end. Those refs should lose their jobs. Horrendous.

Reaction Score
So a nba 3 is a good look... guys what are you talking about? If they were going to foul they would have fouled on the inbounds. Fine you let the good look happen, then after Carlton gets the rebound how about a timeout then? Instead of letting 1.7 tick off? We pay Hurley 3M a year he has to do a better job in game.
He just hit an NBA three before that. Highly doubt we would get a better look off of a timeout even if Marshall doesn't foul.

polycom

Reaction Score
He just hit an NBA three before that. Highly doubt we would get a better look off of a timeout even if Marshall doesn't foul.
If we can’t trust our coach to draw up a play with 8 seconds, what’s the point? It’s okay to critique Hurley, he does some head scratching stuff. The shot we got was fine but we got an offensive rebound with a second left...

Reaction Score
This team hasn't been good coming out of timeouts. Team played hard but came short on the winning plays. Proud, not sure. A lose is a lose. Need to make winning plays soon or what does this game mean?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we can’t trust our coach to draw up a play with 8 seconds, what’s the point? It’s okay to critique Hurley, he does some head scratching stuff. The shot we got was fine but we got an offensive rebound with a second left...
Of course it's okay to critique. Even if he has something good drawn up, the chances of us executing it are not good. Vital is our best shooter and he got a decent look. Marshall should've fouled like every coach should foul in that situation. It is what it is, he got a pretty good look and just missed

To get it to OT didn't we play it out and Sid got a wide open look off of Alterique penetration?

polycom

Reaction Score
Of course it's okay to critique. Even if he has something good drawn up, the chances of us executing it are not good. Vital is our best shooter and he got a decent look. Marshall should've fouled like every coach should foul in that situation. It is what it is, he got a pretty good look and just missed

To get it to OT didn't we play it out and Sid got a wide open look off of Alterique penetration?
yes that’s an insane coaching philosophy, hope it works out. Coach has to manage the game. If Hurley’s philosophy, is let the kids play it out he is going to lose more games than he is going to win.

Reaction Score
yes that’s an insane coaching philosophy, hope it works out. Coach has to manage the game. If Hurley’s philosophy, is let the kids play it out he is going to lose more games than he is going to win.
Many coaches are in favor of not calling a timeout in these situations, a lot of them championship winning coaches

Reaction Score
Many coaches are in favor of not calling a timeout in these situations, a lot of them championship winning coaches
I get the sense most boneyarders don't watch many basketball games outside of UConn.

The funny thing is Gregg Marshall didn't call a timeout either. There are things to get on Hurley about, this isn't one of them.

Reaction Score

If you were as good of an armchair coach as you think you are, you’d know that CV shoots as good (actually better) from NBA 3pt range as he does from college 3pt range.

The play and the shot were just fine. It just didn’t drop

Reaction Score
It was a good look and he missed. A timeout wouldn't have given him (or anyone) a better look.

I feel bad for CV that he missed way more than I'm mad he missed. He was crushed on the miss and it sucks.

CV made THE game winning play in 1st OT and refs blew the call.

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score
Lol. I disagree with you....more importantly Hurley disagrees with you, Gregg Marshall disagrees with you as do a bunch of other college and nba coaches.

Sweet melt though.
Sure thing super Welch. Most college coaches are terrible so I’m not sure what that point means. The data says calling a timeout is the correct decision, but of course you know everything super welch. I agree with not calling a to in the nba because they have much higher bb IQ you’d expect them to make a good choice.

Reaction Score
Sure thing super Welch. Most college coaches are terrible so I’m not sure what that point means. The data says calling a timeout is the correct decision, but of course you know everything super welch. I agree with not calling a to in the nba because they have much higher bb IQ you’d expect them to make a good choice.
lol. You clearly know more than most college coaches.
l2JhBpEAO8wxCE1Fe.gif

Reaction Score
Do you think the play designed would conclude with Sidney Wilson shooting a 3 from the corner?

The first half ended with Gilbert dribbling out the last 12 seconds.

Players need to make plays.
Gilbert has been in that position so many times he should have better execution but he rarely does. The ball should be in Bouk's hand in end of clock situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom