Are we still recruiting Ladazhia Williams? | The Boneyard

Are we still recruiting Ladazhia Williams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is the UConn staff still recruiting Ladazhia Williams? Or are we still on her list?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Last published UCONN staff contact with Ladazhia Wiliams was September 2015 well before the signings of Camara and Stevens. I think @jdubct has it correct '2017 is Walker or no additional recruits for UCONN.
Everybody wants LaDazhia - HT Preps

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree but snagging Stevens was the better jackpot IMO.

Except Walker gives you four years instead of two. But Stevens is coming in a great time to give UCONN another excellent chance at a NC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Except Walker gives you four years instead of two. But Stevens is coming in a great time to give UCONN another excellent chance at a NC.
True but Walker is a wing. Wing is actually a position of strength on the UCONN roster KLS, Gabby, Napheesa can all play wing and UCONN has 2 wings verbal in 2017. PF/Post is/was a position that needed filling with the departure of Stewie ad Morgan. Stevens( even for 2 years) + Camara for 3 years is the best possible solution and IMO puts UCONN back in national championship contention.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
True but Walker is a wing. Wing is actually a position of strength on the UCONN roster KLS, Gabby, Napheesa can all play wing and UCONN has 2 wings verbal in 2017. PF/Post is/was a position that needed filling with the departure of Stewie ad Morgan. Stevens( even for 2 years) + Camara for 3 years is the best possible solution and IMO puts UCONN back in national championship contention.

Stevens surely does fill a need for UCONN. But I disagree that she puts UCONN back in NC contention, I don't think you ever leave contention, even next season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stevens surely does fill a need for UCONN. But I disagree that she puts UCONN back in NC contention, I don't think you ever leave contention, even next season.
That's very kind, and while anything can happen, I sort of see the final 4 as this team's ceiling. I think the elite 8 game will be very tough. I know the players never settle, but I'd be thrilled if this team made it to the final 4, even if the lost there. The following season, though, watch out...!

Reaction Score
That's very kind, and while anything can happen, I sort of see the final 4 as this team's ceiling. I think the elite 8 game will be very tough. I know the players never settle, but I'd be thrilled if this team made it to the final 4, even if the lost there. The following season, though, watch out...!

I agree. I think the Final Four is a realistic goal for this team, but I don't think they have the proven scorers needed to win a NC. With that being said, I wouldn't bet against them either. We have all seen what good coaching, great defense, and selfless play can do for a team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The answer is no, but apparently UConn's interest in Olivia Nelson-Ododa ('18) has been confirmed which makes me giddy.

Reaction Score
LW twitter follows very few schools, UConn, ND ans SC come to mind.........most of the big schools are following her but I haven't seen UConn there for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom