Are we playing this week or not? | The Boneyard

Are we playing this week or not?

Reaction Score
This was posted at 1:01 PM · Nov 22, 2020, Sunday by the UHa coach.

"Getting ready for a big week... everyone in the #neighborhood game Wednesday vs MERRIMACK at 2 pm.... then Friday night vs UCONN 8 pm tip.... appreciate our administration for all the help with procedures and protocols....a lot of effort behind the scenes in making this happen!!"

On UConn's official site our first game is listed as St John's on December 11. There are crickets on the Central Connecticut site. The Courant lists St John's as our first game.

Does anyone know the real story? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Fully covered in this thread. I'd check there.

I read that thread. It gives hints but nothing definitive from the school. uconnhuskies.com, the official voicec of the UConn athletic department information has December 11th as the first game.

Reaction Score
Yes, I saw that on twitter. Not really a schedule or announcement.

Look here. ZERO. Men's Basketball The countdown clock is on 17 days to go.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yes, I saw that on twitter. Not really a schedule or announcement.

Look here. ZERO. Men's Basketball The countdown clock is on 17 days to go.

Dom answered your q already. Now, it is probably about time to ask who/what is holding this up, at this point, but it's going to be like this all year.

Put it this way - we have already had 2 games prior to St John's moved/cancelled already (Sacred Heart and something from the Mohegan bubble). There isn't a great reason to jump the gun here, especially coming off of quarantine.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I am expecting a more ‘formal’ announcement today, but this year we will need to follow along on social media for real-time updates, rather than relying on them to update a website. At this point we have a schedule from the broadcaster and the official social media accounts pointing to Wednesday’s game. I don’t think this is an elaborate hoax to get our hopes up....

Reaction Score
"So they’re likely, maybe, but not certain."

Clear as mud. Sorry. It's drivng me me nuts. And as my dear departed mother would say. That's not a drive, it's a putt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read that thread. It gives hints but nothing definitive from the school. uconnhuskies.com, the official voicec of the UConn athletic department information has December 11th as the first game.
Which unfortunately is the same as you're going to get in this thread. :)

Reaction Score
I agree with Palatine, it is just very frustrating that games have not been posted to the schedule online yet. Its Monday and in theory we have a game in 2 days. Lets list the games and then if they need to be postponed or cancelled then fine I think we all understand the situation. Personally it hurts my excitement level the mystery surrounding when or if games are happening.

Reaction Score
Yes!! I don't get the hostility for asking when games rumored were going to become official

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1606153581040.png

Reaction Score
Wow, I thought the game was Tuesday the 24th. That’s so sad. Have to wait another day haha. I made some plans and scheduled so I’d be available on Tuesday night to watch the game. Oh well

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Is this a national FS1 game or regional??

Will not be in CT for Tgiving weekend. Family stuff.
I think national but FS1 is new to us so I’m not sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom