Are we playing our best basketball? | The Boneyard

Are we playing our best basketball?

Reaction Score
I thought we were until the Creighton game. Then the full body cramps and mild concussion hit. That seems like a bit of a set back.

Will that disrupt the rhythm we were in? Was that the top of our game and can we get better? Is there an upside for this group?

Reaction Score
At the moment, no.

Joking aside, the Creighton game could have looked very different if Cole didn't have to leave the game.

I'm not confident we can beat Alabama, but I really like our matchup over Maryland. If we had a different 2 seed in our region, like Iowa or Houston, I'd be very excited for those matchups.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Had Cole not gone down with 5 minutes left against Creighton, I think we would have had a great shot to win that game. Then on to the BET championship and who knows what happens. It wasn't the prettiest performance we've had this year. But that defensive slugfest was the game we wanted to play and the best way possible way to beat a team like Creighton, unless we expect James to score us 40 points every time we play a high-powered offensive team so we can keep up with them.

We are playing good basketball. If we hold teams to 60 points or less in this tournament, like we did against Creighton, and everyone stays healthy, we have a great shot to make a run. Defense wins championships, and we have been playing great defense lately.

Reaction Score
If we had Cole to finish out the game and a healthy bouknight, not the one lingering from dehydration and cramps, I think we would have beat Creighton. I'm glad that if we had to lose, Gtown would win the Big East tourney. I hope Bouknight is relatively close to as ready to go as he can be for these NCAA games.

Reaction Score
I truly feel we are peaking, but unfortunately we have a ton of scoring variability - you just don’t know what offensive version of each player will show up each game. We have to hang our hat on defense and hope enough of the good scoring versions of guys show up each game to get it done.

I think if we beat Maryland we have a great shot at the final 4 just because of how we match up defensively with Alabama.

Reaction Score
If two of the most important pieces to the puzzle are missing, you aren’t complete (Creighton).

Maryland isn’t bad and played a tough schedule so we can’t take anything away from them if it’s close. Statistically we are the better team but you throw all that aside come tournament time imo.

Reaction Score
Too many lost offensive possessions to say UConn is playing at anywhere near its best. Glass seems to be half full, stop missing easy shots, stop turning over on fast breaks, Polley take 2's and drive, Sanogo take more shots, Gaffney stop taking 15 seconds to start offense while looking to Hurley for instructions on each play.

Improve offensive play and UConn is way better than Maryland and pickem' with Alabama, play like against Creighton and start up the bus.

Georgetown shot 47% against Creighton while UConn shot 33%. Whaley/Sanogo 10 of 17, rest of starters 7 of 27 and reserves 2 of 14, how do you win with that kind of offense?

Reaction Score
At the moment, no.

Joking aside, the Creighton game could have looked very different if Cole didn't have to leave the game.

I'm not confident we can beat Alabama, but I really like our matchup over Maryland. If we had a different 2 seed in our region, like Iowa or Houston, I'd be very excited for those matchups.

I'm not confident that Alabama can beat Iona. There I said it!

Reaction Score
We're fine. Bouk obviously wasn't himself against Creighton and we were still up 3 when Cole got injured.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I thought we were until the Creighton game. Then the full body cramps and mild concussion hit. That seems like a bit of a set back.

Will that disrupt the rhythm we were in? Was that the top of our game and can we get better? Is there an upside for this group?
'Is there an upside for this group'
yuge, especially if:
james' legs don't hurt,
rj's head doesn't hurt,
tyler makes a couple of shots,
sunoco doesn't get called for breathing too hard,
tyrese finds his flow,
we all do better and put the biscuit in the basket when close in, and,
we learned a valuable lesson in our last game.

mojo rising.

Reaction Score
I truly feel we are peaking, but unfortunately we have a ton of scoring variability - you just don’t know what offensive version of each player will show up each game.
That offensive variability is frustrating for us, but must be a nightmare to game plan against...you plan for Bouk, but then what? Is it a Sanogo day, a Cole day, a Martin, a Tyler day?? If you have 2 set scorers, the other team knows who to defend. With us, who knows who will be on? If we get 2-3 hot on a same day we could be trouble for anyone...If everyone is cold, could be trouble for us

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We're fine. Bouk obviously wasn't himself against Creighton and we were still up 3 when Cole got injured.
Bouk hasn’t been himself since surgery. Some 20 point games non withstanding.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
If Tyler Polley turns into Neils Giffey we win the whole thing.
Still one of my favorite huskies. He wasn't the superstar but what a huge supporting piece. Absolutely killer from 3.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If we stay within our offense and let the game come to us, yes, we're playing our best ball. If we force the issue like we did at the very end of the Creighton game, then we're playing our worst. Cole & Bouk both seemed to be throwing up ill advised shots.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Super Bowl Football GIF by HULU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member