Are we officially a blue blood? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are we officially a blue blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
One more JC Championship and a couple of final fours in the next 6 or 7 years after that with hopefully a championship vaults us ahead of many programs. Lot's of people say but Duke has only done it under Coach K. But they've been doing it longer and have 10 final fours plus an extra championship - that's more than enough to put them up there. We have our feet on the top stop of the ladder with our fingers pulling up on the rafters, but we haven't quite cleared the threshold. No reason to think we won't and in 10 years time, some of the current blue bloods could be thinking how did they get up there? I'd love to see 5 NCs, 7 final fours by 2018 or so.

That's it?

Reaction Score
I can say it is a lot of fun following a team who has built themselves into blue blood status. Now kids are growing up looking at Uconn as blue blood status, based on what I have read from different reports AD grew up wanting to play for Uconn when he was 13 he paid close attention to Okafor, and to the way JC puts Uconn bigs into the NBA. Most of the successful Uconn bigs were never big time recruits, now the big time recruits that are big men want to play for Uconn. The perception I would say has definetly changed based on where kids across the country and the world want to play their college ball, Uconn is definetly in their top 5. In NYC alot of young kids, and HS kids will want to be the next great Uconn PG and be the next Kemba Walker. I say were a blue blood where would I rank it I have no Idea. I say just enjoy the ride and take it one year at a time.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I base being a blueblood off of National championships won so if you consider Kansas a blue blood (since they have the same amount of titles as us) you gotta consider UConn one we've won 3 national titles in 12 years

Reaction Score
I base being a blueblood off of National championships won so if you consider Kansas a blue blood (since they have the same amount of titles as us) you gotta consider UConn one we've won 3 national titles in 12 years

I agree 100 percent its all about National titles

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a combo of history, total victories, duration and NC's. UConn NC's span three decades even though they fall within a 15 year period.

Personally I factor NC's in the modern day as much more difficult to attain than earlier in the NCAA history for two reasons. A larger pool of outstanding athletes leading to more outstanding teams. And a tougher road to win the NCAA, six games versus four.

UConn is a blue blood with younger fans. With nostalgic older fans it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom