Are UCONN Transfers going to FF? | The Boneyard

Are UCONN Transfers going to FF?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In 2015 Natalie was definitely at the FF because she is in many of the team photo graphs. I'm not sure if she paid her own way but I hope Batouly and Azura will be in Dallas this week.

Reaction Score
In 2015 Natalie was definitely at the FF because she is in many of the team photo graphs. I'm not sure if she paid her own way but I hope Batouly and Azura will be in Dallas this week.
I believe,no guarantee, that Natalie paid her own way to a number of travel including the FF . I'll bet the new xfers do the same.

Reaction Score

Question--wouldn't this fit on a chart??? You impress the be-jabbers out of me.

Reaction Score
Saw twitter photos of the Team on the Airplane heading to Dallas and neither Azura nor Batouly were in them.

Reaction Score
Saw twitter photos of the Team on the Airplane heading to Dallas and neither Azura nor Batouly were in them.
That's a good thing. If they were UConn would be breaking NCAA rules, and I'm sure there were plenty of SEC teams scouring those photos looking for something they could forward on to their league office.

Reaction Score

I thought Azura said to Nat when they hugged good bye at the send off something like "See you in a few days", so it sounds like she is coming to Dallas later.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Two things - one, school is in session so leaving on Tuesday for players unable to play wasn't likely to happen. And I believe schools have discretionary funds for athletes that they can choose to use on travel if they want to but usually do not. I seem to remember that happening at a school other than Uconn.

Also, it would not be an NCAA violation for a transfer to fly with the team or with university officials on Friday morning as long as they bought their own ticket or compensated the university for the coast of their place on a charter flight. Just as I do not believe it would be a violation for the athlete department to use their travel agency relationship for the athlete to get the discounted rates on travel fares as long as the athlete was paying those fares.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Two things - one, school is in session so leaving on Tuesday for players unable to play wasn't likely to happen. And I believe schools have discretionary funds for athletes that they can choose to use on travel if they want to but usually do not. I seem to remember that happening at a school other than Uconn.

Also, it would not be an NCAA violation for a transfer to fly with the team or with university officials on Friday morning as long as they bought their own ticket or compensated the university for the coast of their place on a charter flight. Just as I do not believe it would be a violation for the athlete department to use their travel agency relationship for the athlete to get the discounted rates on travel fares as long as the athlete was paying those fares.
It was Duke that used those discretionary funds that allowed Lexie Brown to travel to some away games last year during the season she had to sit out.

Reaction Score
That's a good thing. If they were UConn would be breaking NCAA rules, and I'm sure there were plenty of SEC teams scouring those photos looking for something they could forward on to their league office.
I'm sure the Tennessee fans had a private detective hanging around UConn set to file the paperwork!!! Of course UT's paperwork is really crying towel

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was unaware of the ability to use discretionary funds or the possible reimbursement of some measure of the costs of the charter flight, but if the transfers fly commercially, it has a much better appearance. As noted, Batouly and Azura are in class and aren't needed in Dallas for practices. They ought to be able to do a long weekend in Dallas for about $1,000 each.

Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if Stevens and Camara were not in Dallas by tomorrow at the latest. They will be very helpful by playing on the scout team in a 5 on 5 half court scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Is there anything somebody on this board does not know? I'd add, "other than the meaning of life and the universe" but someone would probably answer it.
The answer to the ultimate question of the meaning of life, the universe and everything is 42.
See "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," a terrifically funny book by Douglas Adams.

Reaction Score
On the question of traveling, here is from the NCAA website:

If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver.
Transfer terms

As I recall, the way Natalie went to the Final Four during her redshirt year was that her parents paid for her travel. I guess that a player on the team could use one of her comp tickets to provide a ticket to anyone they like and if that person happens to be a transfer, the NCAA would have no basis for complaining about that. I am almost certain that they would not be permitted to fly on the team's plane, whether they reimbursed the university for it or not. As to using the university's travel agency, they can do that, because that is not an exclusive travel agency of the University. (I recall when I used to work for the Federal government, the travel agency we used for official travel arrangements -- Carlson Wagonlit -- used to always remind us that they can do leisure travel arrangements for federal employees as well, on the employees' dime of course.)

Reaction Score
Is there anything somebody on this board does not know? I'd add, "other than the meaning of life and the universe" but someone would probably answer it.

Nope, my fellow BY'ers know it all ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nope, my fellow BY'ers know it all ;)
Well we certainly think we do!
On the question of traveling, here is from the NCAA website:

If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver.
Transfer terms
Again, I am pretty sure there are discretionary scholarship funds that can be used by the school on travel for a transfer - that was the word from Duke (but of course that is a blue blood program so maybe there is something in the very fine print excepting them from compliance! :eek:) And once a transfer does arrive at the site of an away game they do not need a ticket as they are allowed to sit on the bench for games.

On the charter - the price of a charter is generally more than that of a commercial flight per person, so if the athlete is paying they probably choose commercial, though they might be able to pay the commercial fare and still ride a charter - that is allowed in other situation not related to schools or the NCAA.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well since you almost asked.

Bacon.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom