Are there any early enrollees? | The Boneyard

Are there any early enrollees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I may have missed it...but isn't there usually a handful of incoming commits starting school now?

Reaction Score
I'm really excited about Bradley. I saw some words by him and it sounds like he's got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and can't wait to prove himself. I didn't realize he was an enrolling early, I can't wait to see him in the spring game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I believe Dhameer Bradley is one of them.. and, from the looks of things, he'll be wearing #5:
https://twitter.com/DBradley_7/status/289229207865802752

Wonder what # Ricky Gutierrez is switching to?

You just reminded me of another question (a little off topic); who is going to take over the #6 jersey now that Michael Smith is gone? It is a question that might be best served on its own thread, but I was just curious...

Reaction Score
You just reminded me of another question (a little off topic); who is going to take over the #6 jersey now that Michael Smith is gone? It is a question that might be best served on its own thread, but I was just curious...

Jhavon Williams wore it as a true frosh last year along with Smith. Personally, I would like to see the number retired now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A few of the kids on Twitter have mentioned getting to UConn in the next 7-10 days... Don't have a list though. Dhameer definitely was one...

Reaction Score
Jhavon Williams wore it as a true frosh last year along with Smith. Personally, I would like to see the number retired now.

Noel Thomas is another guy who is enrolling early and I guess him and Dhameer will be roomates

As to the #6, I think the best way to honor is to pass it down senior to senior year after year to either the best senior CB (or if there isn't a senior CB), a senior voted by the team to wear the jersey like they did with Mike Smith. I know a bunch of programs have a number that is passed down every year like USC with #55 at the LB position

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Noel Thomas is another guy who is enrolling early and I guess him and Dhameer will be roomates

As to the #6, I think the best way to honor is to pass it down senior to senior year after year to either the best senior CB (or if there isn't a senior CB), a senior voted by the team to wear the jersey like they did with Mike Smith. I know a bunch of programs have a number that is passed down every year like USC with #55 at the LB position

Agreed. Either a senior CB, a senior captain, or a senior that is voted on. That is probably the best way to honor him...

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Thanks for the replies...hopefully Dez posts an article on this soon. It just felt like in previous years we had a good list of names.

As for #6...I love uconnflyer's idea.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the replies...hopefully Dez posts an article on this soon. It just felt like in previous years we had a good list of names.

As for #6...I love uconnflyer's idea.

They don't release the names until the players show up on campus and enroll. They can't release the names until the players show up on campus and enroll since they haven't been able to sign anything yet per NCAA rules.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
They don't release the names until the players show up on campus and enroll. They can't release the names until the players show up on campus and enroll since they haven't been able to sign anything yet per NCAA rules.
Thanks...that makes sense.

Reaction Score

Unless it's a JUCO kid, but it looks like both of our JUCO guys have de-committed.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
But you can always search the UConn Phonebook (http://phonebook.uconn.edu/)

Looks like Dhameer Bradley and Noel Thomas Jr are both in there.

This is no guarantee that it means these players are enrolled but by searching it does confirm that:

1. You are slightly creepy and may need a restraining order
2. Your love for college football knows no boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member