NBA - right now 2 for sure. DC and Hawk
AS has a shot
Ajax will make lots of money as will Joey C overseas
Kara an will play somewhere but too early to tell
Lots of talent in Storrs
Do you think AJax returns next season?

Reaction Score
Do you think AJax returns next season?
Tough call. I'm sure he wants to captain the team to a championship (or ff4 at least) and split. But if he can turn himself into a better scorer he'd be tough not to draft in the mid to late 1st round. Maybe sooner. His shot and scoring in general are slowly improving. Maybe at the end of 4 he will put it all together.

Reaction Score
I think Joey C might get some looks from the NBA scouts. He’s got the height and the shot. He’s also shown he can get to the rim. His defense needs to improve a lot but he’s not atrocious. If he keeps his 3 pt pct up where it is he‘ll be hard to look past. He‘s now on a team where he’s going to get some looks and that dude can flat out shoot. Steve Kerr was also 6’3”. Great role player.

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
One one team, or in one draft year?
In any case, 2003/4 had Emeka, Armstrong, Boone, Gordon, Marcus Williams and CharlieV.
The next year, no Emeka, but Rudy Gay and AJ Price were there.

Denham Brown was also on that roster and was a 2nd round pick in 2006, which had four other Huskies.

Those late 90s early 2000s teams were loaded with talent. It is great to be able to have these conversations again.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
NBA All-Star Potential(In order)

Donovan Clingan (Best case Comp - Pau Gasol)

NBA Starter Potential (In order)

Jordan Hawkins (Best case Comp - Bradley Beal)
Adama Sanogo ( Bes Case Comp - Zac
Randolph)
Andre Jackson Jr (Best case Comp - Shawn Marion)

NBA Role Player Potential(In Order)

Alex Karaban (Best case Comp - Austin Croshere)
Samson Johnson (Best case Comp - Pterosaur)

Will collect the bag in Europe(In Order)

Tristan Newton

Will play professionally somewhere but ????

Nahiem Alleyne
Joey Calcaterra
Apostolous Romoglue
Richie Springs
I wouldn’t put a ceiling on apostolous until we can see a little more in the next couple of years. NBA seems unlikely but might be a better prospect than the bottom group. Has good size, seemingly decent athleticism and is supposedly a knockdown shooter.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think Joey C might get some looks from the NBA scouts. He’s got the height and the shot. He’s also shown he can get to the rim. His defense needs to improve a lot but he’s not atrocious. If he keeps his 3 pt pct up where it is he‘ll be hard to look past. He‘s now on a team where he’s going to get some looks and that dude can flat out shoot. Steve Kerr was also 6’3”. Great role player.
I love calcaterra but this is getting carried away

Reaction Score
“Might get some looks“ is getting carried away on a 6’ 3” shooter that’s hitting over 50% from 3pt. Ya, that’s crazy talk.

Reaction Score
Karaban comes out of the box better then some players that graduated last year that now play professionally. He’s a freshman! Never seen such a well rounded player as a true freshmen - reminds me of Nadav from many years ago but Nadav wasn’t a true freshman.

Does he have work to do? Sure he does. But he looks like solid 1-2nd round NBA player some day - no doubt.

Reaction Score
I posted something similar in another thread, but regarding Sanogo, does he leave for the NBA this year if he’s a 2nd round pick or does he stay another year? I feel this could also maybe be a factor in Clingan leaving or staying if he’s borderline. But like a few of you said, Clingan could have his own reasons for staying or going, etc.

Reaction Score
Karaban comes out of the box better then some players that graduated last year that now play professionally. He’s a freshman! Never seen such a well rounded player as a true freshmen - reminds me of Nadav from many years ago but Nadav wasn’t a true freshman.

Does he have work to do? Sure he does. But he looks like solid 1-2nd round NBA player some day - no doubt.
Karaban‘s entire life is basketball. They asked him what he likes for a hobby. Answer, basketball. Does anyone here doubt that he comes back next year with a lot more muscle and even better than this year? Just a few games into his college career right now.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
“Might get some looks“ is getting carried away on a 6’ 3” shooter that’s hitting over 50% from 3pt. Ya, that’s crazy talk.
Yes it is. He struggles defensively against high major bench players. Imagine him guarding the best player on our opponents or being keyed on defensively by our opponents. He’s a great piece but not on the nbas radar by a long stretch.

Reaction Score
Yes it is. He struggles defensively against high major bench players. Imagine him guarding the best player on our opponents or being keyed on defensively by our opponents. He’s a great piece but not on the nbas radar by a long stretch.
He's a freshman. A productive freshman. The fact the you're making definitive like some sort of expert is more absurd than the original question.

Let everything play itself out. Karaban will likely be a 3yr player and will spend the next two years working on strength and agility. Hopefully his lateral agility improves and he becomes a better/stronger on ball defender.

Reaction Score
Tough call. I'm sure he wants to captain the team to a championship (or ff4 at least) and split. But if he can turn himself into a better scorer he'd be tough not to draft in the mid to late 1st round. Maybe sooner. His shot and scoring in general are slowly improving. Maybe at the end of 4 he will put it all together.
It really is a shame his shot is below average. He has every other tool to be an above-average NBA player. I still think if they make the final 4 this year it'll be a surprise if he doesn't get projected in the middle of the 2nd round of the draft.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Denham Brown was also on that roster and was a 2nd round pick in 2006, which had four other Huskies.

Those late 90s early 2000s teams were loaded with talent. It is great to be able to have these conversations again.
I thought he was drafted, but wasn't sure, and don't remember him playing in the league. And I was too damned lazy too look it up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
this whole thread is getting carried away lol.

love some good boneyard optimism while we’re winning, but some of these projections/comps are extremely optimistic/pie in the sky.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He's a freshman. A productive freshman. The fact the you're making definitive like some sort of expert is more absurd than the original question.

Let everything play itself out. Karaban will likely be a 3yr player and will spend the next two years working on strength and agility. Hopefully his lateral agility improves and he becomes a better/stronger on ball defender.
I could be wrong, but I think you're talking Karaban, but replying to a post about JoeyC.

Reaction Score

I love the positivity... but no. If he chooses, he'll have a solid career overseas and make a bunch of money.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I think you're talking Karaban, but replying to a post about JoeyC.
No I'm wrong. There were earlier comments about Karaban. Half awake and didn't see the quote he was responding to. My bad @BGesus4 .

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Would Rodman get drafted today?

I think Karaban has a chance - he's 6'8" and developing into an excellent all-arounder IMO. Won't be this year but I could see it down the road if he continues like he has.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I thought he was drafted, but wasn't sure, and don't remember him playing in the league. And I was too damned lazy too look it up.

I don't believe he played in the NBA, but was drafted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom