Are the New Big East teams paying any kind of buy in? | The Boneyard

Are the New Big East teams paying any kind of buy in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't that generally how this works, the new teams either have to pay some cash, or give up some revenues for a few years. IIRC we had to give some free BE away games to teams like Miami and Vtech or something like that, are our new teams paying something or are we so desperate we'll give Temple and Memphis a free ride into the conference? I hadn't seen mention of it

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That's old news. The increase in TV money makes that a non starter for incoming schools entering other conferences.

In the case of the NNNBE, we need them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We probably have to pay them. Or they get a trip to Providence and all the SpaghettiMeatballs they can eat.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
When we added schools during the last expandion (UL, UC, USF, DePaul, Marquette) there was no buy in as we needed bodies quickly and they had to pay CUSA exit fees. I imagine that something similar has transpired this time around.

Reaction Score
There are in fact entrance fees. However, those would likely be subtracted from each team's portion of league revenues.

Reaction Score
I believe each team has to pay $2.5M entrance fee to get into the BE. BE will deduct a portion from their annual league payout each year until it is paid off.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All incoming schools are obligated to buy twenty tickets to the conference's 'welcome back' pancake breakfast held every September and they agree to put a "Providence is for Lovers" bumper sticker on the back of all athletic department vehicles.

Temple had to sign an additional rider that prevents them from exclaiming, "Jesus, this place sucks now!" and "Try kickin' us outta now, mutha fukkkkkaaaahhhhs!" at the annual conference retreat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom