Are Game Threads No Longer Allowed? | The Boneyard

Are Game Threads No Longer Allowed?

Reaction Score
They are only not allowed when the men and women are playing together at the same time.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think the moderators thought there was too much rancor, too many ill feelings and too much non basketball related detritus in live game threads to continue. I like post game threads, but the lack of a game thread or a dedicated chat area for game threads is a bad idea.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think the moderators thought there was too much rancor, too many ill feelings and too much non basketball related detritus in live game threads to continue. I like post game threads, but the lack of a game thread or a dedicated chat area for game threads is a bad idea.
There are pros and cons - you certainly mentioned the pros. One other thing to add is the over the top criticism that ended up being piling on, and the same comments over and over and over ad nauseam.

On the "cons" side, if anyone wants sort of a play by play, which people often did on the thread, they won't get to see it. Also they will miss out on comments regarding great plays or bad calls by the refs, etc. Also if they aren't around for the game, they won't have anything to read thru with sort of a blow by blow.

Still, I think it's a cool idea. For me, I rarely, if ever, posted in the game threads for 2 reasons:
  1. I'm usually either watching the game live, or in a place where I could not participate
  2. In games like the one against UCF or earlier in the year vs. Tulsa, I'd have been just as likely to post variations on "suckage" as I would be to say something nice, so it's an easy way for me to keep my blood pressure in check and not piss anyone off ;)

Reaction Score
For me, the OP, I was just curious. I thought there was some new rule I was unaware of. I don't post much during the game since I like to focus on the game itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom