OT: - Are females allowed to comete fairly? | The Boneyard

OT: Are females allowed to comete fairly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Does Title IX ensure females get equal treatment in sports? Well it depends depends on the female's resident state.

Reaction Score
Apparently females don't get equal treatment in California. At the moment, they don't get equal treatment in Connecticut either.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Huh?? Title IX is a federal law-independent of state. It has to be right? Just look at the UCONN WBB team which has students from 6 ? different states and 3 different countries. I'm also not getting the connection of the video to your post. I'm going to have to ask you for those few minutes of my life back.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am sure I about to incur wrath from some people for this but part of the logic by Idaho is sound-competing in sports vs. accommodations for bathrooms and job opportunities are different. Passing laws to prevent true discrimination vs. sports competitions need to be considered separately. Due to the muscular and testosterone difference from boy/girls or men/women, transgender competitions are not fair and this mostly has to do with boys/men competing against women. From a "muscle" measure, women are typically 50-60% as strong as men in the upper body and 60-70% as strong in the lower body. That alone qualifies as a mismatch. Men have to be chemically altered to meet the testosterone levels deemed by the competing sports at many levels (tennis, golf, Olympics) and high school and college sports may not have the means nor the budgets to support such. Where this infomercial loses me is the next leap of POC. Much credibility of it was lost by mentioning that.

The only real problem for transgender might be the interpretation of Title IX and if "athletic opportunities" needs to be deemed to cover this group and how do you cover that group? Idaho is saying, this is determined by your initial genetic makeup (ie. how you were born) not how you now identify yourself (be it surgical or psychological).

Why California picked this battle vs. all the other problems going on, I have no idea.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Sorry. This topic has come up before and will likely come up here again. However, it is not a topic that can be discussed without it inevitably and inexorably turning into a posturing of political views. And, we do not do politics on this forum.

The board to take on this topic is the cesspool where all things political are fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom