Are basketball players still the kings of campus? | The Boneyard

Are basketball players still the kings of campus?

Reaction Score
This is one for current UConn students to answer. When I went to UConn, the men's basketball players were KINGS. Is that still the case now? Do women still step over their best friends to get with them? Do all the guys want to be like them? Is it a thing to excitedly tell your family and friends when one of them is in your lecture hall class?

Reaction Score
This is one for current UConn students to answer. When I went to UConn, the men's basketball players were KINGS. Is that still the case now? Do women still step over their best friends to get with them? Do all the guys want to be like them? Is it a thing to excitedly tell your family and friends when one of them is in your lecture hall class?

Why would they now?

Reaction Score
It wasn't even like that when I was there in 2010

Reaction Score
They’re most likely the most hated. I know the women’s team hates the guys (actual source). Field hockey girls are the kings (queens) of campus.

Reaction Score
They walk around and treat others as if they are, but in the eyes of a majority they’re not.

Reaction Score
They’re most likely the most hated. I know the women’s team hates the guys (actual source). Field hockey girls are the kings (queens) of campus.

I would like to keep this from getting away from us, but I can so WHO those would be. The days of Kemba, Bazz, Giffey being in the stands for the girls game because of the mutual respect seem to be gone for now but again we are talking about past leaders. Our newest so-called don't have that UConn pride on or off the court or so it seems. That's what is the most important piece to bring back somehow. But for this particular thread I'd like to shy away from the "team" as I think it's unfair to the young kids just joining if they haven't been taught correctly about the mutual respect piece.

Too much "me" in UConn for now, needs to go away.

Reaction Score

Dont generalize every girl on the team. Teenagers vent. KLS has said she hates geno on a bad day standing 3 ft from me--doesnt mean its true ebery other day

Edit: that sounds creepy, lol. We were having a conversation at a bball evwnt over the summer to clarify

Reaction Score
The women's team did not hate the men's for any of the previous 4 years. Not sure about this year. Per a better source than that other guy.

Reaction Score
Not going to get into it but last year the women did not like the men, Jalen specifically. Take it for what you will. Merry Christmas to y’all

Reaction Score
Wow this thread brings back so many memories. I remember when they won the NIT in my final year on campus and even guys from the end of the bench had several girls following them around. Back in the early eighties it seemed that the soccer guys were the kings of the campus.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
DE55B299-56AF-4346-85C6-C25CD01B07CF.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not going to get into it but last year the women did not like the men, Jalen specifically. Take it for what you will. Merry Christmas to y’all
This just isn’t true. Jalen and the guys would be on live face timing the girls all the time. I remember specifically Jalen and KLS on face time together. Are they best friends? Probably not. But there isn’t a dislike

Reaction Score
Need to earn BMOC. I guess at UCONN it's BWOC with the way our athletic program is trending

Reaction Score
Do not let these old timers bully you into giving away your sources. We will need all the inside info possible for the internal battles to come.

Reaction Score
Do not let these old timers bully you into giving away your sources. We will need all the inside info possible for the internal battles to come.

I'm getting upset with this "old timer" stuff, you did mean me right just like Fart dude? :eek:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think Boat was probably the last player like this. I went to school with him, and I remember him being a big deal. He was pretty hilarious on campus too. Also went to school with JA and don't remember the same level of fan fare. Still, wasn't like past guys. I remember Drummond living on my buddy's floor and that was a huge deal. There was one incident with Drummond around the tournament where it was made particularly evident that he was royalty on campus. And girls definitely flocked to them in the past...I remember friends really doing work to get with them lol

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Boat was the man. Rodney and Hamilton also got a decent amount of fan fare

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member