Are any of the "Experts" picking us to win it all? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are any of the "Experts" picking us to win it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone?
Are any of them picking us to beat Kansas?
Why would any "expert" or any non-UConn fan pick UConn to win it all?

I was really surprised to see that 1 SI dude pick us to beat KU

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
$40 back in the preseason at 60-1.

Reaction Score
Kansas >>>>>>> 2013 Gonzaga, though.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
If we beat Colorado, I believe we will beat Kansas.

I get the record and the stats, but I don't believe Kansas is that good.

They do this every year in the BIG 12 and just about every year they lose early in the tournament.

We are coming on pretty fast and I truly believe our talent is better than the talent who actually plays for them, they might have 1 pro in Selden, the other pros they have don't even make it on the floor.

Again, I am very confident that if we can beat Colorado that we will beat Kansas.

I much happier to see them in the second round IF we make it there than the likes of Michigan St., UNC, Kentucky, Oregon, Virginia, St. Joes, etc.....

Reaction Score
If we beat Colorado, I believe we will beat Kansas.

I get the record and the stats, but I don't believe Kansas is that good.

They do this every year in the BIG 12 and just about every year they lose early in the tournament.

We are coming on pretty fast and I truly believe our talent is better than the talent who actually plays for them, they might have 1 pro in Selden, the other pros they have don't even make it on the floor.

Again, I am very confident that if we can beat Colorado that we will beat Kansas.

I much happier to see them in the second round IF we make it there than the likes of Michigan St., UNC, Kentucky, Oregon, Virginia, St. Joes, etc.....
Well, put into context that we have looked that good against another 9 seed--which took us 4OT to beat, a 10-seed, and a team that didn't make the NIT.

The last real team we played beat us by 20.

Colorado is really good, Kansas hasn't lost since January, and the Overall #1 seed has gone at least to the Final Four every year starting in 2012.

Both team are there to destroy us.

Reaction Score
Has a 9 seed ever won the championship?
No. Wichita State is the only one to make the Final Four as well.

Best Outcomes for Low Seeds
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 6.17.21 PM.png

Also, the 9 seed is 61-63 against the 8, so let's worry about Colorado first.

Reaction Score
Doesn't this say that Little Rock, Wichita State, Bakersfield, SF Austin, Cincy, and UConn are all more efficient defensively than any of those three teams?
Yes. Only 6 teams land in Synergy's top ten efficiency rankings for both offense and defense (well before high seed and low seeds are split, defensively uconn is one of the best in the tourney high or low, not sure about offense): Uconn , SF Austin, little rock, nova , msu, and Kansas.

Reaction Score
Yes. Only 6 teams land in Synergy's top ten efficiency rankings for both offense and defense: Uconn , SF Austin, little rock, nova , msu, and Kansas.
Well, according to Synergy, we're in the Top 10 for each only among low seeds. At .962 we're nowhere near the top of the Offensive List.

We are on defense, though.

Reaction Score
@tzznandrew yep ha just had a brain fart and edited that. Cincy and uconn may have their defensive numbers inflated facing some of the dredges of the AAC, but I doubt by that much.

Reaction Score
@tzznandrew yep ha just had a brain fart and edited that. Cincy and uconn may have their defensive numbers inflated facing some of the dredges of the AAC, but I doubt by that much.
You'd hope they'd find a way to norm for level of competition.

Regardless, this team's defense has been good even when standardizing, and the offense is in the 60s now, up from when it was a sub-120 offense a month ago.

Reaction Score

Good lord, enough with this. You'd rather play Kansas than St. Joes or Oregon, the worst #1 seed in more than a decade? Keep in mind that it was Temple and Memphis they beat last weekend.

Reaction Score

7th in efficiency margin, advanced metrics love the huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
^^^ ...
-------------------------------------
There have been 31 tournaments since the expansion of the NCAAs to 64 teams. In those 31 tournaments, there have been 248 8 or 9 seeds, and 124 matchups between the 1 seed and the 8/9. The 8/9 seed is 17/124 in that matchup: a 13.7% winning percentage. The teams that do win, only win an average of 1.17 games beyond the upset.

Further, of those scant 17 wins, only 5/17 wins have come from the 9 seed, and only 2 of those 5 have won another game beyond that.

That said, in 2 of the last 3 NCAAs, a Final Four participant has come out of that spot.

Beat Colorado, and maybe we can be the odds. But the odds say we're doomed.

How many of those 8/9's had won 2 of the last 5 NCAA Championships?

Reaction Score
If we beat CU and give KU all they can handle. it will have been a good season. After all, I think we are building towards next season and the year after.. With the nucleus returning and throw in Larrier and a great frosh class, we could make a run to the final 4.

Reaction Score
lol you're going to be offended if no one has us winning the tournament?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom