Archer? Other treadmill TV suggestions | The Boneyard

Archer? Other treadmill TV suggestions

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now that my daughter is in HS, I'm getting up earlier and hitting the treadmill and my combat ropes every morning. I tried reading on the treadmill, can't do it. So I started watching The Tick each morning. That worked fine, but it's about 6 episodes in the whole season. In desperation, I tried The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's ok, but isn't doing it for me.

So I need a 30 minute show that captures your attention, and takes it away from the mindless exercise you're doing. I was thinking the animated show Archer could work. I'm open to other suggestions. Just need to be able to watch it on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Reaction Score
Now that my daughter is in HS, I'm getting up earlier and hitting the treadmill and my combat ropes every morning. I tried reading on the treadmill, can't do it. So I started watching The Tick each morning. That worked fine, but it's about 6 episodes in the whole season. In desperation, I tried The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's ok, but isn't doing it for me.

So I need a 30 minute show that captures your attention, and takes it away from the mindless exercise you're doing. I was thinking the animated show Archer could work. I'm open to other suggestions. Just need to be able to watch it on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Arrested Development.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Arrested Development.

Hmm...that was on the list of options I had along with Archer. I can give that a try.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I love Archer and I think it's a perfect choice for this project. And the show works best if you start at the beginning.

That's the idea. Something I never saw when it originally aired. Rewatching Cheers or Friends or whatever doesn't provide me the desire to get my lazy ass up in the dark of morning and go down and see the next episode. Parks & Rec could have worked, but I've already been watching it in chunks with my daughter.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I love Archer and I think it's a perfect choice for this project. And the show works best if you start at the beginning.

Tried Archer this morning. Funny, if a bit crude. Should do the trick. Will go with Arrested Development when it runs out.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Archer and Arrested Development are both terrific. Either one would work fine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tried Archer this morning. Funny, if a bit crude. Should do the trick. Will go with Arrested Development when it runs out.
Crude, but smart. I enjoy that combination.

Reaction Score
Archer only if you're walking on the ol' 'mill. At some point you will laugh so hard you will fall off if you're running

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
the good place

I struggle with this one. It has several tremendous one liners, and Jameela Jamil is spectacular, but it is a little too network-y. This show would have been better on cable or Netflix.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Archer only if you're walking on the ol' 'mill. At some point you will laugh so hard you will fall off if you're running

I'm doing a brisk walk, sometimes adding a jog to close it out. In theory I could eventually be jogging though. So far the only downside to Archer is that it's short. Maybe 22 minutes.

Reaction Score
Put Band of Brothers into the rotation. An hour goes by in a flash.

Reaction Score
Not many episodes of it but Vice Prince als ain't bad. HBO show, not sure if that's a deal-breaker

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Put Band of Brothers into the rotation. An hour goes by in a flash.

I love Band of Brothers...but need something lighter on a treadmill, and shorter since I'm doing this before work in the morning.

Archer is wearing thin already.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
2nd vote for Entourage
The League
I just rewatched all 9 seasons of The Office

I always get excoriated for this, but the UK version tops the US imo.

It might be a good option for HuskyHawk.

Reaction Score
It really depends on what you are looking for.

You could go old school with great shows like Daria (cartoon), Everybody Loves Raymond or Seinfeld.

You could go more recent with Curb your Enthusiasm.

I like SOME shows from my childhood that kind of stand the test of time like Pete and Pete, Boy Meets world or Doug which are pretty easy to find. Or just the classic Futurama, King of the Hill or more recent Bobs Burger.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just tried Arrested Development this morning. So far, that's more promising than Archer.

And @intlzncster , UK version of The Office may be on deck. I never saw The Office when it came out, but watched them with my daughter more recently. If I stick with this, probably 6 mornings a week, I'll burn through series pretty quickly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And @intlzncster , UK version of The Office may be on deck. I never saw The Office when it came out, but watched them with my daughter more recently. If I stick with this, probably 6 mornings a week, I'll burn through series pretty quickly.

If you like British humor, and aren't afraid of a bit of smart, but low brow, try Peep Show. Remains my all time favorite comedy series. Two and a half thumbs up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The League is pretty good.

You watch Always Sunny before?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members