April 4th: This date in UConnWBB History | The Boneyard

April 4th: This date in UConnWBB History

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In a 2004 Final Four semi-final game in New Orleans, UConn beat a talented Minnesota Gopher team led by Lindsay Whalen and Janel McCarville.

There was a 2-3 minute stretch late in the game when UConn led 58-55 and neither team could make a basket. Ann Strother then made a 3-pointer and as Geno would later say about that shot: "game over."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It dawns on me that is events like this in the history of the Huskies that has created something very unique which defies a simple phrase. It is something more felt than defined. It is something perhaps akin to what Caroline Ducharme said the other day:

"When you put that uniform on, you’re playing for (something) so much bigger than that team,” Ducharme said. “All the legends and the legacy to have gone through there and the history, I think that’s a pretty cool thing to be able to play for and be a part of.”

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Really a fantastic game. I was in awe of Whalen and McCarville, and it took a great effort by Diana and the gang to get past them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In a 2004 Final Four semi-final game in New Orleans, UConn beat a talented Minnesota Gopher team led by Lindsay Whalen and Janel McCarville.

There was a 2-3 minute stretch late in the game when UConn led 58-55 and neither team could make a basket. Ann Strother then made a 3-pointer and as Geno would later say about that shot: "game over."

I was there with my sister. I believe you were there too, as was Eric.

Reaction Score
I was there with my sister. I believe you were there too, as was Eric.
That was the coolest FF, with the men winning their NC right up the road in San Antonio at the same time. On Bourbon Street there were UConn bars and Tennessee bars. In the UConn bars on the off nights they would show the mens games, everyone screaming and yelling. What a party!

Reaction Score
Tonight's schedule on ESPN has a WBB game from April 4, 2006 on at 7 PM. Followed by the 2018 championship game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom