April 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

April 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It against the rules to speculate about UCONN WBB transfers.
Our roster is not full because: 1) Autumn is not a scholarship player 2) Under the COVID rules the NCAA allows teams to expand the roster size to accommodate returning seniors-Evina in this case.
Do I think UCONN is going to have a roster with 16 players? No. I do not.
Evina is a redshirt junior, I don’t believe she is a considered a returning senior. I don’t think UConn would qualify for an expanded scholarship year. Could be wrong though

Reaction Score
If Anna's going to leave, that means more playing time for someone else. Too often afraid to shoot, a bit slow in staying in front of opponents on defense, and not a great rebounder. When she was hot, she was hot. Also, a terrific passer. However, we will be overloaded next year.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Also I don’t understand why we can’t speculate about transfers? It’s apart of the game and this is a discussion board. Anyone know why
I am guessing that the moderators decided it is taboo. Good enough for me. It's their forum. Doubly good enough for me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Also I don’t understand why we can’t speculate about transfers? It’s apart of the game and this is a discussion board. Anyone know why
Because it usually leads to some serious trashing of Uconn players and is an unpleasant series of rumors mostly based on some one else's agenda.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ever been struck by lightning?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On second thought, after looking at her season stat I am not sure I want another big who thinks she can shoot the 3 but only at 20% clip and can't hit FT either (42.9%). That's not going to help.

She was 59% on 2-pt shots which is pretty nice. For reference ONO was 57.5% on 2-pointers.

I just don't know where the minutes would come from.

Reaction Score
I enjoy reading the recruiting threads but am not knowledgeable as all of you. Quick question because I think that we are in need of a very good defender that is a guard preferable a point? MoJeff; Crystal

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I enjoy reading the recruiting threads but am not knowledgeable as all of you. Quick question because I think that we are in need of a very good defender that is a guard preferable a point? MoJeff; Crystal

UConn's likely top remaining target for 2022, KK Bransford, has defensive skills at multiple positions. None of the other known targets for '22 and '23 really stick out as perimeter defenders. Certainly a couple in the '24 class though.

Reaction Score
UConn's likely top remaining target for 2022, KK Bransford, has defensive skills at multiple positions. None of the other known targets for '22 and '23 really stick out as perimeter defenders. Certainly a couple in the '24 class though.
Patience..there is a 7 year old at our local elementary school who is really kicking it at recess..Checks all the boxes..downside is she likes to eat crayons but with good coaching she will be a lockdown defender...Waltz is scouting her..

Reaction Score
Would another big scare off a possible big recruit with maybe a bigger upside. Should we leave well enough alone? Even if Liv doesn’t get better Edwards will and Amari may impress as a freshman. I am lost on Gabriel I have an opinion but I will keep it to myself. Could someone Decommit ala collier?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Patience..there is a 7 year old at our local elementary school who is really kicking it at recess..Checks all the boxes..downside is she likes to eat crayons but with good coaching she will be a lockdown defender...Waltz is scouting her..
How tall is she? I don't care what units are used. What's her 3 point %

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Now that Anna is transferring there will be minutes available at the 4 spot.
Not many minutes based on this years playing times, it sure does lessen the logjam a bit though for next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not many minutes based on this years playing times, it sure does lessen the logjam a bit though for next year.
We don't have a logjam at the 4 which is where Anna started and played mostly this season.
The 4/5 rotation this past season was Liv and AE. The 4 rotation was Anna starting when healthy and AE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom