Appreciate this special group | The Boneyard

Appreciate this special group

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Tonight, win or lose, will be the last time we watch this team play together. This is the last 40 mins we have to watch this group of young men represent the University of Connecticut. I, for one, could not be more proud.

Don't let the high stakes of this game take away your ability to take a moment to appreciate this remarkable group.

Take a step back and recognize this group... they have been a joy to watch. Personally, outside of January, I can't remember a season with less stress on my mental well-being watching the games, because these guys were just killing it on the court. Everyone is bought in, and energy is off the charts.
They've brought back the brand of UConn basketball... strong defense, relentless rebounding, transition offense.

Off the court, we didn't have any drama, and every interview with the players you can tell they genuinely love one another and are on a collective mission. They're likeable, they put in the work, and they're simply so easy to root for.

There's also a decent likelihood that our talented staff will be different next year. Kimani, Luke, and Tom could all be D1 head coaches at other schools, and we're spoiled to have them all here. During the tournament, you've heard multiple players credit the coaches for scouting and game planning effectively. Our coaches have made adjustments from woes of January, which has equipped the team to perform even better on this big stage.

So while tonight, we're all likely to be pooping bricks, take a few moments to recognize the guys, individually and collectively for a tremendous season

This group helped bring back UConn basketball on the national stage and reestablished our brand. Appreciate them!

Now, having said all of that... LET'S BRING HOME #5 BOYS!!! I have no doubt that everyone will leave it all on the court tonight.

Reaction Score
Great post…this team has been a joy to watch. Tons of pride for the program, play super hard, hit so many milestones including winning BE games on the road, beating Creighton and Providence, staying ranked all season, making a huge run in the Dance, looping in all the legends, etc.

Is it 9pm yet?

Reaction Score
Great post, I'll add that watching this couple of year stretch has been special. Tyrese, Isaiah, RJ, et al. didn't accomplish as much in the tournament as we all hoped but this whole group of players has been so important in building the foundation and culture to get this program back to where it's meant to be. Been one of the most enjoyable stretches of my UConn fandom.

Reaction Score
Regarding our assistants, the later the season goes, how many decent D1 jobs are left to fill? Unless they jump for any job out there or much higher paying #1 assistant jobs, I think our coaches will be back next season.

Reaction Score
This team while not the most physically gifted overall is SMART. When on they have incredible ball movement, assists and are a joy to watch especially when clicking on all cylinders. They also have will and fight hard. It’s all a fan could ask for. I hope Danny doesn’t have to get a whole new staff regardless of outcome tonight,

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I appreciate them win or lose (not that they are going to lose). Such a fun team that plays a really enjoyable brand of basketball. Tough defense and elite rebounding on one end and the best ball sharing, passing assist team I've ever seen at UConn. The unselfishness on offense is incredible. Especially since January you can see they all have confidence passing the ball to anybody who in on the court. I think that has helped Joey and Alleyne be such big contributors. It's a joy to watch us play. These guys represent the U so well. I'm a proud Husky fan.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'll add this game to all the games this season. Whether we had wins or losses I never felt anything other than we had a great group of coaches and players. Outcomes have limited influence on how I judge teams. Although it's natural to feel better with wins.

I was really surprised to feel this way about the team given the loss of many players that I cared for.

This is my Way!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great post, I'll add that watching this couple of year stretch has been special. Tyrese, Isaiah, RJ, et al. didn't accomplish as much in the tournament as we all hoped but this whole group of players has been so important in building the foundation and culture to get this program back to where it's meant to be. Been one of the most enjoyable stretches of my UConn fandom.

Kentucky had the "Unforgettables" which bridged the gap between championship runs. It's always good to recognize those who wore the uniform and gave their all even if it didn't bring the same level of success of other eras.

Reaction Score
Kentucky had the "Unforgettables" which bridged the gap between championship runs. It's always good to recognize those who wore the uniform and gave their all even if it didn't bring the same level of success of other eras.
Never forget:

1680538857224.png

Reaction Score
Tonight, win or lose, will be the last time we watch this team play together. This is the last 40 mins we have to watch this group of young men represent the University of Connecticut. I, for one, could not be more proud.

Don't let the high stakes of this game take away your ability to take a moment to appreciate this remarkable group.

Take a step back and recognize this group... they have been a joy to watch. Personally, outside of January, I can't remember a season with less stress on my mental well-being watching the games, because these guys were just killing it on the court. Everyone is bought in, and energy is off the charts.
They've brought back the brand of UConn basketball... strong defense, relentless rebounding, transition offense.

Off the court, we didn't have any drama, and every interview with the players you can tell they genuinely love one another and are on a collective mission. They're likeable, they put in the work, and they're simply so easy to root for.

There's also a decent likelihood that our talented staff will be different next year. Kimani, Luke, and Tom could all be D1 head coaches at other schools, and we're spoiled to have them all here. During the tournament, you've heard multiple players credit the coaches for scouting and game planning effectively. Our coaches have made adjustments from woes of January, which has equipped the team to perform even better on this big stage.

So while tonight, we're all likely to be pooping bricks, take a few moments to recognize the guys, individually and collectively for a tremendous season

This group helped bring back UConn basketball on the national stage and reestablished our brand. Appreciate them!

Now, having said all of that... LET'S BRING HOME #5 BOYS!!! I have no doubt that everyone will leave it all on the court tonight.
Great post. Normally when the Huskies win the title I am ecstatic for myself first as a lifelong fan and then the players, coaches, university etc. But you articulated how much I like the players and coaches on this team. If they are fortunate enough to win tonight, I will be more ecstatic for the players and coaches than for myself. I want this win tonight more for them than I do for me.

Reaction Score
Ben Gordon made me fall in love with the Huskies. I was 7 years old. 20 years later and I haven’t looked back.

There’s some 7 year old somewhere in CT who will view Hawkins the way I viewed Gordon, Adama the way I viewed Meka. Life long Husky fans will be born tonight. Tonight is a special night win or lose.

I remember watching the 2004 championship game with my father(rest in peace) on this small tv in the kitchen. I had no idea of the magnitude of what I was watching. Tonight I’ll be watching and I know my pops will be watching with me. Go Huskies!! Bring it home!

Reaction Score
“It’s a special group,” Hurley said the day before the ultimate game. “You make a recruiting pitch when the program’s down in the place we were. And you get in front of guys like this, and your pitch is you’re going to bring this program back to its rightful place of playing March through April and bringing that excitement back into a program.

“Not everyone could deliver on that. And bringing it all the way back. And these guys have kind of brought this program all the way back, this collection.”

Alternate free link:
An unforgettable season ends, a special UConn men’s basketball team will leave the memories behind

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom