apply to the SEC right now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

apply to the SEC right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Guys, here's the deal: everyone in the universe understands that UConn will leave if asked to ANY of the major conferences. We don't need to inform the SEC or any of the others that we are "available". What we DON'T need to happen right now is give the tv networks even more leverage in the Big East contract negotiations. It's going to be difficult enough to get a decent agreement without allowing for everyone to tell Aresco, "Your top member just went out this week and petitioned another conference." Of course, they realize that UConn and Cincy are already "high flight-risk" teams, but let's not knowingly give them more ammo to shoot at Aresco for no reason...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I should have also added to my previous post that this is all assuming that the SEC would add a team from New England. Ummm....unlikely....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I should have also added to my previous post that this is all assuming that the SEC would add a team from New England. Ummm....unlikely....

connecticut=deep/dirty south of new england. remember that sec guy who said we had sec potential?

pj

Reaction Score
connecticut=deep/dirty south of new england. remember that sec guy who said we had sec potential?

Too bad we don't cover southeastern New England. If only we were on Cape Cod, we'd be golden.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

We are the Alabama of New England, to be sure! I'm not sure that's a compliment, though...:eek:

Reaction Score
The SEC will never consider moving into the NYC or northeast market. Their rational will be simple: they don't need to.

But if and when they do "need" it, the B1G will be firmly entrenched. If the SEC moves to counter the B1G, they will, in my opinion, have a greater chance for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom