Apostolos Roumoglou looking for playing time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Apostolos Roumoglou looking for playing time

Reaction Score
Take a look at the run he got in the summer league games. He was definitely on the floor early and often, not just getting the garbage time minutes like Hurley. He hustles, rebounds, puts zip on the ball when he passes it, and looks like he belongs out there with the best guys on our team. Now he shot something like 2-10 from 3 so nobody talking about him right now but if a few more of those fall then there's a lot of hype. I actually expect him to play 8-10 minutes a game and do some really good things this year.
I hope you won't hold it against him if he comes up short of your minutes expectation. If he sees any non garbage time minutes that is either a massive accomplishment by him or we are in trouble

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope you won't hold it against him if he comes up short of your minutes expectation. If he sees any non garbage time minutes that is either a massive accomplishment by him or we are in trouble
All he has to do is out play a couple freshmen. I’m also in the camp that doesn’t think it’ll happen, but he does have that year of experience on them.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If Stewart or Ross have trouble adapting to major college game speed, he will get a chance to play. It kind of stinks that his best chance at getting minutes is one of our freshman under performing or an injury. He looks like he has game. Clearly he was the most talented when we got the regulars off the floor in every NCAA tourney blowout. I guess we will just have to wait and see how this evolves once the season starts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A recap….

He’s going to college outside of his home country, he’s won a ring as a member of the national champion and, in passing, he’s studying to become an electrical engineer.

Lol…just normal stuff.

He’s not going to play much, but who cares….so impressive.

Reaction Score
For a guy whose screen name is an ode to a guy who wasn't supposed to play anything but garbage minutes, I hope you don't hold it against him if he makes a meaningful contribution without someone else getting hurt or the team sucking.

Reaction Score
For a guy whose screen name is an ode to a guy who wasn't supposed to play anything but garbage minutes, I hope you don't hold it against him if he makes a meaningful contribution without someone else getting hurt or the team sucking.
He is making a meaningful contribution even if he never sees a minute of court time in games.

The harder he goes in practice, the better he makes everyone else on the team. There are actually guys who understand that role, and relish it. I'm betting Apostolos is one of them.

Reaction Score
Lol, I know you won't hold it against him, just being realistic here. 8-10 minutes would be a huge jump- that would put him 9th-10th on the team for minutes.. I'll gladly eat my words if the kid plays to that level.

Reaction Score
A recap….

He’s going to college outside of his home country, he’s won a ring as a member of the national champion and, in passing, he’s studying to become an electrical engineer.

Lol…just normal stuff.

He’s not going to play much, but who cares….so impressive.
Isn't AK also an engineering or computer science major? In addition to having the best team, we might also have the brightest team too...Couldn't imagine an engineering workload with the time demands of being on a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
Isn't AK also an engineering or computer science major? In addition to having the best team, we might also have the brightest team too...Couldn't imagine an engineering workload with the time demands of being on a top 10 team.
A special major he got approval for; computer science, sports management and data science or statistics (something like that). Sounds like he wants to work in sports analytics.

Reaction Score
If he can knock down some outside shots, better than what he did while on the Euro tour, he will play. His size is a plus in all other aspects. Handling the speed and physicality of the BE will also be a factor in his playing time.

Reaction Score
I think he has the potential to be a Johnny-on-the-Spot kind of guy, in the mold of Niels Giffey. Just in the sense that he could be plugged into most positions when the situation calls for it
Neil’s after the Maui flash was buried so far down the bench his first two years that when he got put into the game he had to show his passport to prove he was on the roster . Maybe third year is a charm for this guy also .

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Looks like he has also packed on some muscle over the last two years. Getting ready for the rock fights.

Reaction Score
A special major he got approval for; computer science, sports management and data science or statistics (something like that). Sounds like he wants to work in sports analytics.
CS and Big Data is a home run combo..... when he's done playing ball.

Reaction Score
Neil’s after the Maui flash was buried so far down the bench his first two years that when he got put into the game he had to show his passport to prove he was on the roster . Maybe third year is a charm for this guy also .
Griffey averaged 10+ minutes per game in his first 2 years and started a handful of games. Not bad considering he had future NBA guards playing ahead of him.

If Roumoglou plays 10 minutes per game this year, it won’t matter because we are going to have much bigger problems. It will require 3, maybe 4 players getting injured or declared ineligible. With that said, he can be a valuable team member. He was the most vocal player at the open practice two weeks ago. I hope for the best for this kid but realistically he is the 11th or 12 th player in a9 man rotation.

Reaction Score
If he can hit his outside shot effectively, which maybe he can or maybe he can't, why couldn't he play a Joey C role and get real play time as part of 2nd squad? We are assuming some of the freshmen will be playing over him, and they probably will, but if Roumoglou can produce, I wouldn't describe that as a bigger problem but rather an added bonus.

Reaction Score
My recollection is Niels played a decent amount in his freshman and sophomore years. So I had to look it up. Played in 41 games (10 starts) his freshman year and averaged 9.9 minutes per game. Sophomore year played in 30 games (4 starts) and averaged 11.7 minutes per game.

I would think Roumoglou would be ectstatic to get that kind of burn. No?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom