Apologies | The Boneyard

Apologies

Reaction Score
Well, the Sox are apologizing to Adam Jones which is appropriate but they should be apologizing to their fans too given the way they are playing. They now lead MLB in errors and are dead last in home runs. After last night's game someone should be angry. But there is a huge leadership void since David Ortiz retired.

I guess if I have to blame someone it would be Dave Dumbrowski. You can't field a team with no power hitters in the lineup and hope to be successful unless you do everything else really well. If you're going to stick with a bland manager like John Farrell you need to have a few leaders on the field. In 2013 in addition to Big Papi they had David Ross, Johnny Gomes, Shane Victorino, Mike Napoli, John Lackey and Jake Peavy. They were not all-stars but they hated losing. They were self-motivated and they won it all despite not having the most pure talent.

I fear that this is going to be a long season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fire Farrell and this thing turns around in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Sox had there chance to sign Holliday or even Chris Carter who is a poor mans version of Papi (yes a very poor mans version).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Edwin Encarnacion was there for Boston.

Reaction Score
At least the Sawks fans gave Adam Jones a standing ovation LOL thanks for nothing. Did they throw at his head immediately after?

Reaction Score
Edwin Encarnacion was there for Boston.
Big Papi was recommending Encarnacion and that might have been a good move. Dumbrowski made some good decisions in picking up Sale and Kimbrel but most of his other decisions have been bad. He does not know how to put a team together. I predict that the Sox will be around .500 in July and they will think about firing Farrell. Unfortunately Lovullo is gone to the D-backs.

Reaction Score
At least the Sawks fans gave Adam Jones a standing ovation LOL thanks for nothing. Did they throw at his head immediately after?
They didn't throw at Jones but it was embarrassing all the pitches they threw at Machado and couldn't hit him.

Reaction Score
They didn't throw at Jones but it was embarrassing all the pitches they threw at Machado and couldn't hit him.

The one which made me laugh was Sales walking towards him after throwing behind him, he's as big a as Machado.

All over a pretty decent slide (spikes shouldn't have been up but that used to be baseball but so was throwing at people, just not their heads) , just don't get it?

Reaction Score
The one which made me laugh was Sales walking towards him after throwing behind him, he's as big a as Machado.

All over a pretty decent slide (spikes shouldn't have been up but that used to be baseball but so was throwing at people, just not their heads) , just don't get it?
And you'd take that in pinstripes in a New York minute.

Reaction Score
And you'd take that in pinstripes in a New York minute.

Wouldn't take that long 60's, NY second.;)

But he is one of bballs biggest douches, well before he got to Boston. He can pitch though so look the other way no doubt.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sox should go after Pedro Alvarez.

Hard to understand why no AL team has picked him up. Certainly he has flaws, but he's too productive to be looking at retirement from MLB at age 30.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom