AP WNBA Awards (Stewart Wins POY) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP WNBA Awards (Stewart Wins POY)

Reaction Score
Well, someone at AP better get somebody out to explain because it's not making them look good in this case. Did anyone see the Score's tweet about it yesterday?
I just looked up the tweet and I really feel for her. She didn't ask for this and everybody is treating her as joke and now using this as an argument for the lack of pay for the league. Maybe if the AP isn't going take the W seriously they shouldn't bother having these awards if they aren't actively following the sport.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I'd love to eat crow on Egbo, she has been a nice surprise to me, performed way better than I thought she would in the WNBA. Still things to improve on but for a rookie she did pretty well and showed some great flashes.
I also thought Egbo was drafted a bit too high and questioned her ability to be an effective starter in the league.
The one advantage Egbo had was Indiana drafting her, starting her and playing next to NaLyssa Smith. Given the years of familiarity with one another at Baylor, they had built-in chemistry and understood the other's positioning, tendencies, preferences, etc.
This certainly made the transition from the college game a bit easier, for both players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Thomas as she didn't ask to get put into this debate. Still, how anyone thought she was a viable option for the team when others like Egbo, and Hillmon have been playing significant minutes, even starting for majority of the season.

And people wonder why most don't think the voters are paying attention. Didn't she have quite a few DNP-Coach's Decision on box scores this season?

Yeah. I feel bad for her too :oops:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
oh, look. another story aboot breanna being the best (ever!).
imagine that.

Reaction Score
oh, look. another story aboot breanna being the best (ever!).
imagine that.
At the Olympics with Dawn as Head coach, who whether you like her or not is a great coach. Stewie was on the floor for 30 minutes a game, A'ja and Griner next with 23.
If Dawn felt Stewie needed to be on the floor a lot more then others, that is a prime statement to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom