AP Rookie of the Year: Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Rookie of the Year: Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I haven't forgotten when Arike kicked Janessa Thropay (Oregon State) in the head last season when both ended up on the floor chasing a loose ball. Soon after Arike had similar moments in the UCONN game. Sportsmanship gets overlooked at times, and I hope Arike has cleaned up her game.
Her behavior in that game was possibly as egregious as in the UConn game, but it was a lot like the proverbial tree falling in the forest. Because the Vancouver tournament was broadcast only on obscure pay-per-view and no replay was available, almost no one saw what happened. IIRC she got away with one egregious action (probably the kick to he head?) and then got called for an unsportsmanlike on the other (a clearly deliberate chop to the neck/head, also of Thropay). I remember Rueck was nearly beside himself with the officials, and he's usually pretty mild-mannered.

If more people had seen what happened and/or she'd been ejected like she should've been, she and her coach might've been forced to issue their lame non-apologies at that time, and we might've been spared their embarrassing debacle in South Bend a week later.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anyone know when the league will announce its ROY?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom