AP Ranks Sun #4!! | The Boneyard

AP Ranks Sun #4!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are on the upswing, but 2-game losing streaks are running rampant. If they can get to 20 wins, that will be a great season. Even 18-16 will exceed expectations. One possession at a time.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I noticed that The Day reporter Ned Griffen moved the Sun from #9 to #5 in his AP vote. He had them very low in the ranks most of the way.

Reaction Score
I never thought I'd see this this year. I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts. GO SUN!!

LINK
The power rankings at WNBA.com also has the Sun at four. And they were actually in fourth place for about two hours last night.

Reaction Score
I'd be less concerned with the poll rankings, which are meaningless, and more concerned with the actual standings.

If you're not one of the Top 4 teams in the standings, it's one and done in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

psconn

Reaction Score
I'd be less concerned with the poll rankings, which are meaningless, and more concerned with the actual standings.

If you're not one of the Top 4 teams in the standings, it's one and done in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Not to be rude, but you state the obvious. No one believes the poll has any bearing on the final outcome of the season. Remember the first time UConn got ranked #1? People went crazy... it had no bearing on the final outcome of the season but it was rightfully celebrated.

As a long-time Sun season ticket holder, 15 year fan of this team through good times and bad, I reserve the right to celebrate the validation that this poll represents regardless of its relevance to the playoffs.

Some folks who actually follow the W are impressed by what the Sun have accomplished and voted accordingly. It has been nearly 5 years since the headlines for the Sun has been so positive, and I'm going enjoy all of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saturday's game against Washington will be huge. Phoenix is likely to beat San Antonio today (go Stars!) but if CT beats Washington, Washington will fall to 5th and CT will move to 4th (1st in East, which I know is meaningless, but worthy of celebration anyway).

psconn

Reaction Score
Saturday's game against Washington will be huge. Phoenix is likely to beat San Antonio today (go Stars!) but if CT beats Washington, Washington will fall to 5th and CT will move to 4th (1st in East, which I know is meaningless, but worthy of celebration anyway).

I was not pleased that Phoenix won that last game against Washington. That just made the Sun's job much harder. The Mystics are super-talented and will be highly motivated to stop the losing streak and maintain their position in the standings.

Reaction Score
I was not pleased that Phoenix won that last game against Washington. That just made the Sun's job much harder. The Mystics are super-talented and will be highly motivated to stop the losing streak and maintain their position in the standings.
I think CT can beat them. Phoenix and LA neutralized (to a point) Delle Donne and Meeseman and the rest of the team couldn't win the games. CT can do that too. That's what Washington has, two really good players. The rest of the team is not much to speak of. I know they have Tolliver, but she is looking tired and old. Which is not to say they are slouches, but CT lost to them by 2 last time and are playing much better. Washington is playing really well at times and other times not so much. We'll see. That's why they play the games, as they say.

psconn

Reaction Score
I think CT can beat them. Phoenix and LA neutralized (to a point) Delle Donne and Meeseman and the rest of the team couldn't win the games. CT can do that too. That's what Washington has, two really good players. The rest of the team is not much to speak of. I know they have Tolliver, but she is looking tired and old. Which is not to say they are slouches, but CT lost to them by 2 last time and are playing much better. Washington is playing really well at times and other times not so much. We'll see. That's why they play the games, as they say.

Well, I hope you're right. Was Emma playing last game? Please don't tell Tolliver she looks old and tired. :rolleyes:

I think WASH is the 3rd best team, but as you say, it gets decided on the court.

GO SUN!!!

Reaction Score
Well, I hope you're right. Was Emma playing last game? Please don't tell Tolliver she looks old and tired. :rolleyes:

I think WASH is the 3rd best team, but as you say, it gets decided on the court.

GO SUN!!!
Yes, Emma played last game. And they looked disjointed as a team. Now, a game under her belt might change things. I just think the Sun are so balanced right now.

Hope Tolliver didn't read what I wrote about her. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom