AP Preseason Top 25 Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Preseason Top 25 Poll

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well I disagree. I think it needs to be said. There will always be a few in the thread who get their panties in a big ole bunch...over something that "means nothing".
The Point you are making of it meaning nothing is to offset the few here that take it too seriously? I haven’t seen that yet but sure, yeah, okay...:confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
#4 Maryland-I bought the 5 Pack so I will be seeing them a few times this year. Again, the issue isn't talent, or winning during the regular season, it's can this team improve through out the year and play big against really good teams so come NCAAT the team is ready as clearly the last views years they weren't. This year she has SC, Clemson (underrated) and NC State (also underrated) as good OOC teams, though she needs to have a few more given the weakness of the Big10. I won't quibble with MD at #4

The only game I purchased was the South Carolina game but may go to others. Other solid OOC teams are James Madison (on the road), Belmont (neutral court) and Quinnipiac. All three of these teams were in the top 50 in RPI last year. The toughest game probably will be NC State on the road. Honestly that is the only game I'm worried about until the NCAA tournament. That is when I will begin worrying.
Brenda has always been a strong recruiter, and they have a very nice arena. It sounds as if she has taken some steps toward beefing up the schedule. In the past, the regular season ACC schedule helped. But the B1G conference doesn't test the Terps enough. How many of the 16 host teams lost at home in the first 2 rounds last year?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Brenda has always been a strong recruiter, and they have a very nice arena. It sounds as if she has taken some steps toward beefing up the schedule. In the past, the regular season ACC schedule helped. But the B1G conference doesn't test the Terps enough. How many of the 16 host teams lost at home in the first 2 rounds last year?
Four.

Miami (4) lost to Arizona State (5).
Syracuse (3) lost to South Dakota State (6).
Iowa State (3) lost to Missouri State (11).
Maryland (3) lost to UCLA (6).

To be fair, UCLA was probably the best team seeded 5 or below. They only reason they were as low as #6 was because their first half of the season was so poor.

Near-losses:
Texas A&M (4) barely beat Marquette (5).
Oregon State (4) survived an overtime game against Boise State (13) and a close win over Gonzaga (5).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I sort of agree with @meyers7 that this is much better than the writers but there seems to be an illogical basis going on with ND and Texas. Do you believe MM to be such a good coach that this current squad despite much experience can attain a sweet 16? And then conversely you believe Texas to have so much talent to offset Karen’s deficiency as a coach? To me, at the elite level, coaching trumps talent every time. Karen is the new Holly so short this team every time!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom