AP Preseason #3 | The Boneyard

AP Preseason #3

Reaction Score
I want Hurley and Huskies to plow through Big 12 teams in '25 tourney to the historic 3-peat and show their Prezes what's what.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Easy enough.

Sets up nicely for two games in Providence and East Regional at Prudential Center.

Duke and UNC are other high ranked east coast schools and the committe is going to put at least one of them in Raleigh.

awy

Reaction Score
i'd rank alabama 1, could be a hard game. the other challenge is duke because their pieces on defense could cause a fragility shock if not prepared for enough. but ofc staff know this. trust the process i guess?

Reaction Score
Going into today I thought the top 5 would be:
1. Houston
2. Gonzaga
3. UConn
4. Alabama
5. Auburn

Surprised to see Kansas at 1. I figured 6-8 range for them.

Reaction Score
Easy enough.

Sets up nicely for two games in Providence and East Regional at Prudential Center.

Duke and UNC are other high ranked east coast schools and the committe is going to put at least one of them in Raleigh.
duke/unc going to roll through another mediocre ACC year.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Dejuan Harris no jumpshot...defense and penetration and passing

KJ Adams no jumpshot, just steroids

Elmarko Jackson hugely ineffective for such a high rank

Hunter Dickinson is established

Basically it's the same problem they always had...no shooting. Storr should definitely fill a void but it's unproven.

Kansas is definitely a 6-10 rank team and not #1. Not even close.

Reaction Score
Big East:
3. UConn
15. Creighton
18. Marquette
RV. St John’s, Xavier, Providence

I think Xavier will be much better now that they’re healthy with Freemantle.

Reaction Score
This is what I expected and have no issue with it. I'd personally have Alabama above Kansas but I think there's a strong case for the top 4 to be in any order

Reaction Score
Dejuan Harris no jumpshot...defense and penetration and passing

KJ Adams no jumpshot, just steroids

Elmarko Jackson hugely ineffective for such a high rank

Hunter Dickinson is established

Basically it's the same problem they always had...no shooting. Storr should definitely fill a void but it's unproven.

Kansas is definitely a 6-10 rank team and not #1. Not even close.
Zeke Mayo and Rylan Griffen can both shoot but the way people talk about the KU roster are making it seem like they are the 96 Bulls. Dickinson and Storr are going to get into a fight with each other by like the 3rd game and blow up the locker room lmao

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Zeke Mayo and Rylan Griffen can both shoot but the way people talk about the KU roster are making it seem like they are the 96 Bulls. Dickinson and Storr are going to get into a fight with each other by like the 3rd game and blow up the locker room lmao
Maybe but Mayo hasn't done it yet at high d1 level...Storr has that Caleb Love gene where they have a 99/100 on the confidence slider but 13/100 on team concept. Very dangerous combo, both good and bad. Can shoot teams out of late game situations a lot.

Mccullar couldn't shoot either but he was a Swiss army type, somewhat like AJax was. That's a big piece to miss and they better really really really hope that Elmarko takes a step and the transfers get it done because their team last year was unbelievably bad at shooting.

Reaction Score
Uconn should be number 1 until we lose. I get that we lost A LOT of production but this degree of dominance should have some carryover in the rankings.
Take the 3. Respected but something to shoot for and use. This all pretty much fell as expected. That Maui field has 4 top 11 teams and then we play 6 and 8. Fun!

Kansas will be interesting to follow as second year in a row with big expectations. Their challenge will be chemistry with a couple me first types on the roster, and defense. Dickinson is a notoriously bad defender for his size, and not sure Storr cares much about that side of the floor. But with Self, three key upperclassmen back, and a top 3 portal haul, hard not to peg them 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SEC with 9, Big 12 with 6, Big Ten with 4, and the ACC and Big East round out the bottom with 2 and 3.
Big East has 3, ACC has 2.

Xavier is a top 25 team if Free and Hunter are healthy.

Johnnies and Providence are borderline top 25.

The league is going to be tough.

Reaction Score
Preseason #3 is fair, maybe a little generous. We lost 4 starters and a ton of our minutes.

Last year we were pretty seriously disrespected at #6.
Well we lost 3 starters after 2022-2023 and we went on to be the most dominant tournament team ever in 2023-2024.

Reaction Score
Well we lost 3 starters after 2022-2023 and we went on to be the most dominant tournament team ever in 2023-2024.
clingan ain't walkin' back through the doors of Gampel this year. It's not fair to expect this team to be as good as last year, DH has said as much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom