AP Poll | The Boneyard

AP Poll

Reaction Score
I know it’s a down year for the league, but remind me how great it is to be in a mid major conference as opposed to the best basketball conference in the country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know it’s a down year for the league, but remind me how great it is to be in a mid major conference as opposed to the best basketball conference in the country.

The best basketball conference in the country is probably the ACC. When were we in the ACC? If you mean the conference that used to be called the Big East that had a lot of teams defect? We are still in that conference.

Reaction Score
The best basketball conference in the country is probably the ACC. When were we in the ACC? If you mean the conference that used to be called the Big East that had a lot of teams defect? We are still in that conference.
Are you that young?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I forget, what year did the ACC have 3 teams in the Final Four?

Reading comprehension Pal. As of now the ACC is the best conference. The Big East that was the best conference is....actually now the American. We are in it. It's not the best anymore.

And the Big 8 also pulled that trick with 3 in the final four.

Reaction Score
The beauty of college basketball is that you can win national championships in the AAC just like you can in the ACC. That much has been proven already.
The good thing about “down years” is that it refects the fluidity of the game itself. UConn was “down” last year but is clearly showing movement.
The AAC has hired well. Allow those rosters to get old.

Reaction Score
We(UConn) have to get better again and stay better. We bring the most basketball name power to this conference, and when we're bad, it makes the perception of this conference a whole lot worse.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I acknowledge that this league will never be the Old Big East. But with us and Memphis improving, and Cincinnati/Witchia State/Houston continuing to be good, this should be a league that is better than say the Pac 12.
And Big East

Reaction Score
When an AAC team deserves to be ranked in the AP poll this year they will be....WSU, Cincy & Houston got plenty of respect last year....WSU peaked at #3, Cincy peaked at #5 & Houston peaked at #21.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, I forgot that having 3 teams in the final four one year means you are the best conference every year.
Straw man. Intellectually empty point.

When rating the best conference, you look at their achievements. That was an absolute signature moment, one that has never been duplicated.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Straw man. Intellectually empty point.

When rating the best conference, you look at their achievements. That was an absolute signature moment, one that has never been duplicated.

Conferences are evaluated on the basis of how they perform currently, not their history.

Reaction Score
Conferences are evaluated on the basis of how they perform currently, not their history.
I think yes and not really. Duke can be mediocre all year and then get automatically seeded #2 because ACC and Duke. Rarely is it based solely on the body of their work.
How do you explain Syracuse getting off the bubble last year? ACC.
There is an automatic strength of schedule that is implied with your conference. We no longer have that. We did in the old Big East, although it took awhile to get there.

Reaction Score
I think yes and not really. Duke can be mediocre all year and then get automatically seeded #2 because ACC and Duke. Rarely is it based solely on the body of their work.
There is an automatic strength of schedule that is implied with your conference. We no longer have that. We did in the old Big East, although it took awhile to get there.
Just wanted to add that it’s this implied ACC is the best that leads to UVA being the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed... it was going to happen at some point but in spite of the bracket busting, admit there was some “YES!” among fans here that it was an ACC team...

Reaction Score
The old big east doesn't exist anymore, therefore the best basketball conference currently is the ACC (or perhaps the Big 12). OP posted as if it were our choice to be in this crappy conference as opposed to the ACC or ideally to old big east.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom