AP Poll - Week 9 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 9

Reaction Score
To me, this is confirmation, that many voters privately felt the FT discrepancy against X, was a factor and did not penalize our team too much. I know many will scoff at this, but I think people in sport privately will admit that officiating can be strongly biased at times. I feel the ranking is spot on. A deserved 4 or 5 after this loss.

Reaction Score
Our No. 1 vote came from Percy Allen of The Seattle Times.

1672687853592.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
it's ok, youse can now admit it that it's official, and ur minds r now, blown.
FAU, jmoneys team, now gets votes in this one, 3, more than Creighton.
of course the coaches, way smarter than keyboard pounding reporter clowns, who don't know the difference between a jump shot and a jump ball, have been giving them props for a few of their polls.

yessiree, jmoney. but youse knew this, amiright?
record win streak, record record, everything so far, including poll votes,
unprecedented. period. coolaroni.
remarkable. and youse thought i wouldn't have anything to say aboot him this season.
wrongo, buttbreaths. suck an egg.
he's building a hero brand at Boca, where they don't need no stinkin nil, they just pass out new rides and sacks o'cash to everyone.
beach is next to the gym. smart, very smart.
coach prolly said to him when recruiting, 'turn this mess around.' rolls him out there, not to get stats, but to get the squad singing in perfect harmony.
will it last? idk. im just enjoying the ride.
this one has ladies heads on fire.

and before the crankies weigh in on his school,
The university was named one of the "Best Southeastern Colleges" in the United States by the Princeton Review for 2023. wiki. they'll be joining the AAC next season. i luv it when a plan comes together.

Reaction Score
Our No. 1 vote came from Percy Allen of The Seattle Times.

View attachment 82627
Guys like Bloomquist and Means need to remove their heads from their posteriors. Maybe it’s the water in El Paso and Cleveland. Always fun to guess voters’ rationales. A guy like Mark Berman covers the ACC and is a Newhouse mafia ‘cuse grad… but maybe that vote for us at 2 is because he grew up in Trumbull. Doubtful, but fun to imagine.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
of course the coaches, way smarter than keyboard pounding reporter clowns, who don't know the difference between a jump shot and a jump ball, have been giving them props for a few of their polls.

remarkable. and youse thought i wouldn't have anything to say aboot him this season.
he's building a hero brand at Boca, where they don't need no stinkin nil, they just pass out new rides and sacks o'cash to everyone.
coach prolly said to him when recruiting, 'turn this mess around.' rolls him out there, not to get stats, but to get the squad singing in perfect harmony.

The university was named one of the "Best Southeastern Colleges" in the United States by the Princeton Review for 2023. wiki. they'll be joining the AAC next season. i luv it when a plan comes together.

Congratulations on having your plan come together.

Reaction Score

I'm glad he found a better level for himself, hopefully he starts playing better.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I agree. I hope this loss doesn't stick in the teams head. They need to shake it off quick.
This doesn’t strike me as a team that gets bothered by a loss. If anything, they’re going to have an extra chip on their shoulder.

Reaction Score
To me, this is confirmation, that many voters privately felt the FT discrepancy against X, was a factor and did not penalize our team too much. I know many will scoff at this, but I think people in sport privately will admit that officiating can be strongly biased at times. I feel the ranking is spot on. A deserved 4 or 5 after this loss.

I think it’s more likely that the rest of the world didn’t see a 14-0 team losing a close road game to a ranked opponent as the embarrassing catastrophe that this board did.

Reaction Score
I think it’s more likely that the rest of the world didn’t see a 14-0 team losing a close road game to a ranked opponent as the embarrassing catastrophe that this board did.
What you say is true about many on the BY, but how we lost mattered, IMO. Consider Houston at 8-0 dropped from 1-5, after their first loss. Virginia at 8-0 dropped from 2-7 after their first loss. It is impossible to characterize how voters voted in all these cases including our case. I truly doubt that the FT discrepancy did not factor in, IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom