AP Poll - Week 5 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 5

Reaction Score
Good morning, after a nice win this week over Oklahoma State and some top 10 losses, we should finally get the bump into the Top 5

Top 10 teams with losses this week:
#6 Baylor v Marquette
#7 Creighton v #2 Texas
#7 Creighton v Nebraska (Yikes)
#4 Arizona v Utah
#10 Indiana v Rutgers

Here are some public AP ballots for week 5: (Last week's rank in parentheses)
Jon Rothstein: 5 (7)
Jerry Carino: 5 (7)
Clayton Collier: 5 (7)
Mark Berman: 5 (8)
Dave Borges: 3 (6)
Seth Davis: 7 (12) <-- This guy remains the biggest clown in the world.
Chris Murray: 3 (4)

Non-AP Analytic Sites:
Kenpom: 4 (6)
Barttorvik: 3 (4)
Evan Miya: 7 (8)
Massey: 4 (8)
Team Rankings: 3 (2)
Sagarin: 2 (3)
Haslametrics: 2 (4)

Prediction: UConn #5

Reaction Score
Think we'll be #5. A rare week that seems pretty straightforward so not expecting much deviance in guesses here

Reaction Score
Think we'll be #5. A rare week that seems pretty straightforward so not expecting much deviance in guesses here
Yeah at this point we're locked into #5 with what we already know from the public ballots. There is a tiny tiny tiny chance we hit #4 but I doubt it. Still gonna be some clueless morons like Stephen Tsai who have us at #15 lmao

Reaction Score
Not sure national media is ready to accept that we're back.. Definitely trending nicely ..Expecting one or two spots.. Road win in Gainesville might excite Seth D for next week.. Seems fixated on teams south of Mason-Dixon line

Reaction Score
r/cbb userpoll has us at #5. Been pretty much spot on this entire time too

Reaction Score
Should be 5. There’s five teams that have created a bit of separation from the rest of the pack and we’re lucky enough to be part of it.

While I think arguments can be made for us at anywhere from 1-4, more than happy to be 5 and in that top echelon.

Reaction Score
Should be 5. There’s five teams that have created a bit of separation from the rest of the pack and we’re lucky enough to be part of it.

While I think arguments can be made for us at anywhere from 1-4, more than happy to be 5 and in that top echelon.
Top 5 is pretty much set in stone. You can make an argument for each team to be #1 tbh

Reaction Score
I’d bet my house that we are #5. Voters won’t move Houston, Texas, UVA out until they lose and Purdue is already ahead of us. Whether that’s the right logic or not on the top 3 is subjective but that’s just what it is

Personally I think Purdue and UConn should be sharing most of the first place votes, but I’m pretty confident it’ll be Houston/Texas/Virginia/Purdue/UConn

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I’d bet my house that we are #5. Voters won’t move Houston, Texas, UVA out until they lose and Purdue is already ahead of us. Whether that’s the right logic or not on the top 3 is subjective but that’s just what it is

Personally I think Purdue and UConn should be sharing most of the first place votes, but I’m pretty confident it’ll be Houston/Texas/Virginia/Purdue/UConn
Totally agree.

Baylor will be interesting to see where the go being 1-1 last week With the win being over darling Gonzaga.

Reaction Score

Yeah, Houston is very overrated. They are a good defensive team, but limited on offense. Winning games by less than 10 points against crap teams while only scoring in the 50’s isn’t very impressive to me…

Reaction Score
This is one week where there should be very little variance in our ranking.

#4 and #6 lost badly, #7 lost twice. We posted a solid but not earth-shattering win. Everyone else held serve.

We will be #5.

Beating Florida is important for staying in the national consciousness as a legit Top 5 team for another few weeks.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I agree, it's pretty obvious we'll be #5 today.

However, I think the 6 best teams in the country right now are these, in this order

1. Purdue
2. UConn
3. Texas
4. Tennessee (Had a rough loss to Colorado early, but have looked good since)
5. Virginia
6. Houston

It's weird how pre-season rankings are still relevant to these AP voters. The only reason Houston is still #1 is because they started about that high. But after a couple weeks of games, they clearly aren't quite #1. Although the NET would disagree with me. I guess there's something to be said about "you should hold on to the #1 spot as long as you're winning".

We'll learn a lot more soon, particularly after our road game against Florida, and Houston v Alabama, Houston v Virginia, UT v Illinois, and Purdue @ Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I agree, it's pretty obvious we'll be #5 today.

However, I think the 6 best teams in the country right now are these, in this order

1. Purdue
2. UConn
3. Texas
4. Tennessee (Had a rough loss to Colorado early, but have looked good since)
5. Virginia
6. Houston

It's weird how pre-season rankings are still relevant to these AP voters. The only reason Houston is still #1 is because they started about that high. But after a couple weeks of games, they clearly aren't quite #1. Although the NET would disagree with me. I guess there's something to be said about "you should hold on to the #1 spot as long as you're winning".

We'll learn a lot more soon, particularly after our road game against Florida, and Houston v Alabama, Houston v Virginia, UT v Illinois, and Purdue @ Nebraska.
Early-season voters are willing to drop teams a lot after a loss, but defer to their original ranking until then. They're not going to drop Houston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom