AP Poll - Week 4 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Quite the compliment to UConn.

14th ranked Purdue loses by 30 points to UConn and is still 14th ranked Purdue.

Amazing.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... top 9 unchanged

LINK
That does it!
I'll bet 200, wait 400, no... heck, I'll bet all 590 of my Trophy Points, right now, that UConn beats Stanford, this year! Are there any takers????!!!! Yeah, I didn't think so!
Marvin 4.png

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Umm...what are trophy points?
Click your icon... Hey, you've got 590 of them babies!! Are you sure you haven't been hording em?!?:eek:
(Actually, I don't know. Everybody seems to have these. As far as I can tell, The Boneyard is basically like that show “Whose Line is it Anyway” (motto: ‘Everything is made up, and the points don’t really matter.’)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Vandy was 17th and dropped out of the rankings, yet not listed as dropping from the rankings

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Amazing.

Absolutely. Voters are saying, "umm, lost by 34 to UConn -- sounds about like what would be expected for a 14th ranked team". Amazing is the right word.

Reaction Score
Lol. I just did, as well as everyone else's and EVERYONE has 590 of these so-called trophy points.

Since they are not all that valuable, I am willing to bet you my trophy points (even though I also think UConn will win).

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
How does Baylor get even 1 vote..

Not hard to imagine at all. They were viewed as the top team. Lost by a whisker without an All-American who is expected to return to full strength. I'm surprised that a few more didn't choose them.

Reaction Score
Not hard to imagine at all. They were viewed as the top team. Lost by a whisker without an All-American who is expected to return to full strength. I'm surprised that a few more didn't choose them.

Yeah but it wasnt like Stanford came out of nowhere.. when the #4 team beats the #1 team its hard to vote for the team that lost. Especially when its an undefeated Stanford team. Plus, UConn being a deserving potential #1 who already murdered 2 ranked teams. I don't see how 6 games in anyone can think Baylor is more deserving than the undefeated, previously #4 team, that beat them and the undefeated #2 team, which beat the #14 and #16 teams by a combine 65 points.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Amazing.
They were treated much more fairly than aTm was. But I suspect aTm will be ranked again soon, currently at #26.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They were treated much more fairly than aTm was. But I suspect aTm will be ranked again soon, currently at #26.

aTm had lost two other games before the UConn game. They were already on a downward trajectory.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I will bet you this. When UConn beats Stanford UConn will be 1 and Stanford 2 and when UConn beats Baylor they may not move from 3. UConn plays the 6 top teams and IMO it may not be a contest.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Voters are saying, "umm, lost by 34 to UConn -- sounds about like what would be expected for a 14th ranked team". Amazing is the right word.
We have beaten ranked teams by 30 several times per season. It is "normal."

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey Milford I think fans will be concerned if we only win a few games by 20+. The standard has been set so high by this team its not normal. I think alot of fans are expecting the MD and PennSt games next week to be stellar tests. I dont. The only games that concern me are at Stanford where crucial calls are made againest UConn at critical times and fouls on key players could slow things down. Baylor without good 3 point shooting could be an early nite. I think we slow Simms down because Geno wotn let up in this game. He will sub often to wear her down. Griner with Stef Stewart and Stokes will face something shes never faced before.

Reaction Score
The only games that concern me are at Stanford where crucial calls are made againest UConn at critical times

I would hope you're not suggesting that Stanford only wins because the referees give them the game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I expect 20-30+ point wins against both, Tony.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Versyp's T in the first half lit a fire under the voters.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
aTm had lost two other games before the UConn game. They were already on a downward trajectory.
Yes, but both losses were to higher ranked teams, and I think both were close losses. In other words, all three results were as expected, but they lost about 10 places in the rankings anyway.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would hope you're not suggesting that Stanford only wins because the referees give them the game.
Of course not. Stanford is a really well coached team. They have height, 3 pt shooters (3 over 40%) and good guards. We should match up well againest them. However we are deeper, and quicker. We will win but this is the only game that concerns me.

Reaction Score
Of course not. Stanford is a really well coached team. They have height, 3 pt shooters (3 over 40%) and good guards. We should match up well againest them. However we are deeper, and quicker. We will win but this is the only game that concerns me.

I dont know why Stanford concerns you more than Baylor. The Card beat Baylor by 2 pts without Sims. Have them play again with Sims in a 7-game series and the Bears win 4-0. Heck, give Baylor's frosh guard some time to prepare (being thrown into a major role in the middle of a big game early in the season is a tough spot for any frosh), and I bet they win w/o Sims.

With a healthy Sims and Griner, I still believe Baylor is significantly better than anyone besides UConn.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I have my own way of evaluating the importance of polls and games. On a scale of 1-10, here is my approximate level of interest:

Pre-season polls: 0
Games vs. cupcakes: 1
Early season (games 1-10) polls: 2
Mid-season (11-20) polls: 3
Games vs. Maryland, Penn State: 4
Late-season polls (21-30): 5
Games vs. Notre Dame: 6
Stanford game: 7
Baylor game: 8
Big East championship game: 9
National championship game: 10

So I skipped games vs. Purdue, Texas A&M, etc. So what! I don't claim that this is scientific or comprehensive.

Give me a wake-up call when we get to my interest level #4.

I don't count games won/lost until they are played (e.g., Stanford, Baylor, etc.)

If you disagree with my "system," fine. You may/probably have a better scheme. Either way, do not expect me to go back-and-forth with you, because I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom