AP Poll Week 4 UConn Ranked 2nd. | The Boneyard

AP Poll Week 4 UConn Ranked 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
AP Women's Basketball Poll Week 4

I'm surprised So Carolina didn't pick up more 1st place votes with their beat down of Louisville

Lady Vols Ranked 22nd. Rebecca had them 17th and they got Homer Votes of 12 and 16th by other voters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  • 14 voters left Vols off their ballots
  • UConn/ND/SC are the only teams voted #1 or 2
  • MD/Baylor get a few #3s, usually at the expense of SC
  • USF ranked by 11, as high as #19

Reaction Score
2 of SC's 3 first place votes came from Connecticut writers (Fuller & Adamec).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know how Voters had So Carolina ranked below Baylor. However at least So Carolina had no votes lower then 4th.

IMHO I'll be surprised if South Carolina doesn't go undefeated and if they do lose, it will be one game to UConn. They have all the pieces. If you take into consideration their complete roster, they're more talented then last years UConn Team. Not saying they have any player better then Stewie or Moriah;they don't; but their bench strength is better then last year's UConn team. They have more scoring off the bench. Last years UConn team would have trouble beating this years So. Carolina team. I think UConn would win, but it would be a close game.

Reaction Score
Not sure why no wins against ranked opponents and consecutive loses to unranked teams, keeps a team in the top 25...
Total joke that UT is still in top 25. Former glory means nothing and Geno remindes his team of this at the start of every season. Maybe someone should inform the AP votes of the same thing. Talent or lack of does not equal rankings reward!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Definition of Hyperbole - Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

"
If you take into consideration their complete roster, they're more talented then last year's UConn Team." - Wbbfan1 re: South Carolina

UConn went 7 deep last year, and unless I'm mistaken, you can only play 5 at a time. This year's SC team still loses to last years UConn Team by 10-20 pts.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Oregon and Cal are both better teams than #21 Colorado.
I am not saying Colorado isnt a good team, but IMO (West Coast Bias) I think either would beat the Buffs, right now.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did anybody notice we moved one vote closer to # 1?

It is more or less who cares, because we will be playing the two still MAYBE standing in our way: ND and USC(East ;)) and then there is Baylor, the bear licking it's wounds, and ...., and.... So, I don't give a damn about where the AP or the coaches have us. I just care about where our young women are and want to be. Winning and losing is all about when and what are you going to do about it. A question haunting the perfectionist every day. So I sleep well.

Reaction Score
One loss was the week before, and the Vols fell from 13 to 17. So they have fallen 9 places.
I can't believe folks get so bent out of shape over this.

Voters vote based on performance and potential. Early in the season, there are few results, so potential will get more weight, subsiding over time. And it has, thus dropping 9 places.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah, two really bad losses, a 3-2 record, but Tennessee only falls five places.

Seriously? Is this a joke?
As previously stated by another poster, a loss to an unranked team usually means a 5 position drop. Losses to two unranked seems SEC bias. Again, not surprising. However, upcoming losses to Baylor, Texas and Stanford will easily have them out of the 25.

Reaction Score
As previously stated by another poster, a loss to an unranked team usually means a 5 position drop. Losses to two unranked seems SEC bias. Again, not surprising. However, upcoming losses to Baylor, Texas and Stanford will easily have them out of the 25.
So the fact that they fell 9 instead of 10 is SEC bias?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So the fact that they fell 9 instead of 10 is SEC bias?
Honestly after losing to those two teams they should be ranked 26th or less. Ultimately that coaching staffs incompetence will find its own level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom