AP Poll - Week 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 3

Reaction Score
UConn is now #20 and Oregon only got 4 votes.

Originally this was our first test against a top team, but now it would be considered an upset if we lose.

Regardless, we get to prove ourselves against #12 MSU or #18 Alabama. Winning 1 game probably keeps us our ranking. Winning 2 games will get us close to #15.

If we beat Oregon and the Bama/Sparty winner and then lose to UNC in a close one, I will be quite content… and will reset and raise my expectations for this season.

Reaction Score
UConn is now #20 and Oregon only got 4 votes.

Originally this was our first test against a top team, but now it would be considered an upset if we lose.

Regardless, we get to prove ourselves against #12 MSU or #18 Alabama. Winning 1 game probably keeps us our ranking. Winning 2 games will get us close to #15.
Oregon is still going to be a really tough game regardless of whether they got 4 votes or 400. First game away from home and a tough team basically on the road. It's a game we should and I expect to win, but I'd be surprised if the line opened as more than UConn -2

Reaction Score
For PK85
Game 1: Oregon NR (40)
Game 2: Alabama 18 / Michigan State 12
Game 3: UNC 1 / Portland NR / Villanova NR (35) / Iowa State NR
4 or 5 of these teams would appear to be worthy of at least Sweet Sixteen consideration.. Will be a great test for us and rankings will take care of themselves after some Ws in Oregon

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If we beat Oregon and the Bama/Sparty winner and then lose to UNC in a close one, I will be quite content… and will reset and raise my expectations for this season.
I agree, 2-1 (with winning the first two games) would be a great result. Having said that, we can beat any team in the PKI on our day, including North Carolina.

Reaction Score

Beating MSU or Alabama would be amazing. I just hope we can do it in the semifinals instead of the losers bracket! 2-1 this week would mean that this team is ready to make some real noise in March

Reaction Score
It's good to go into PK85 knowing that we'll play at least one ranked team. It won't be like the scenario where if you win you play a top 10 and if you lose you play Chaminade.

That said, it'll be a bigger boost to the SOS to play the team that just beat another top 25 team than the team that just lost. Not to mention, obviously, the result vs. Oregon.

Reaction Score
Idols and Infidels - Week 3

1669054617870.png

Reaction Score
It's good to go into PK85 knowing that we'll play at least one ranked team. It won't be like the scenario where if you win you play a top 10 and if you lose you play Chaminade.

That said, it'll be a bigger boost to the SOS to play the team that just beat another top 25 team than the team that just lost. Not to mention, obviously, the result vs. Oregon.
Yeah Mich St and Iowa St being better than expected raises the ceiling of all our game options. Just can't lose both and get Portland.

Reaction Score
Oregon is still going to be a really tough game regardless of whether they got 4 votes or 400. First game away from home and a tough team basically on the road. It's a game we should and I expect to win, but I'd be surprised if the line opened as more than UConn -2
They have a Mali center that also appears to be their best player...they kept it relatively close with Houston most of last night so they won't be a pushover...should be a good one but a loss would hurt more than a win would help. This reminds me of a 5-12 tourney game (with us as the 5) -- the 12 is more than capable but we need to take care of business vs an inferior team, something Hurley hasn't really done...

Reaction Score
They have a Mali center that also appears to be their best player...they kept it relatively close with Houston most of last night so they won't be a pushover...should be a good one but a loss would hurt more than a win would help. This reminds me of a 5-12 tourney game (with us as the 5) -- the 12 is more than capable but we need to take care of business vs an inferior team, something Hurley hasn't really done...
It's more like a 5 vs. 7 game where the 7 is playing within a two hour drive of campus and the 5 is flying cross coast.

The spread is going to be within 2 points in either direction if they're smart about location (KenPom doesn't have it as semi-away right now, which it did in 2018).

Reaction Score
This just isn’t true. We took care of business against inferior big east teams all last season. Also last season in this same scenario almost exactly we beat Auburn

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think we have a top 10 team, maybe top 5. I’m not one to overrate our teams, if anything I’m too negative. This team is put together exceptionally well.
Gotta love irrational optimism. We need to beat a top 10 team before saying things like that.

Reaction Score
Gotta love irrational optimism. We need to beat a top 10 team before saying things like that.
We're all pretty much working with a blank slate at the start of the season, we don't know who the best teams are yet. I thought it was irrational we were unranked to start the season. We don't know if the top 10 teams now will look anything like the top 10 teams later in the season.

Reaction Score
This just isn’t true. We took care of business against inferior big east teams all last season. Also last season in this same scenario almost exactly we beat Auburn
Ummm did you see what happened vs Maryland and New Mexico State? Conference play is different. Also, Auburn wasn't an inferior team. They were as good as us, if not better. Oregon is not better than us in any stature. That was my whole point. If we were playing UNC or Alabama on Thursday, different situation.

Reaction Score
Ummm did you see what happened vs Maryland and New Mexico State? Conference play is different. Also, Auburn wasn't an inferior team. They were as good as us, if not better. Oregon is not better than us in any stature. That was my whole point. If we were playing UNC or Alabama on Thursday, different situation.
Then use St Bonaventure last season or USC the season before. Saying it hasn't happened is just factually incorrect. Hasn't happened in the tournament yet sure, but regular season it's happened a bunch. That's how we keep ending up with good seeds for the postseason

Reaction Score
FWIW.. Virginia now ranked #5..It would appear that we did ok vs them in a controlled secret scrimmage.. If we stay healthy and continue to evolve.. We'll be fine vs ranked teams and win our fair share.

For once in a long time.. I think we create multiple match- up problems for our opponents vs the other way around. SOS victory potential at PKI is huge for us pre-BE schedule.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We're all pretty much working with a blank slate at the start of the season, we don't know who the best teams are yet. I thought it was irrational we were unranked to start the season. We don't know if the top 10 teams now will look anything like the top 10 teams later in the season.
I think we both know which teams I’m talking about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom