Reaction Score
Top 25 teams with losses this week to unranked opponents:
#15 TCU v Northwestern State
#4 Kentucky v Michigan State
#21 Dayton v UNLV
#20 Michigan v Arizona State
#24 Texas A&M v Murray State
#24 Texas A&M v Colorado

Here are some public AP ballots for week 3: (Last week's rank in parentheses)
Jon Rothstein: 19 (24)
C.L. Brown: 20 (22)
Jerry Carino: 19 (23)
Clayton Collier: 18 (20)
Mark Berman: NR (NR)
Dave Borges: 16 (19)
Chris Murray: 20 (NR)

Non-AP Analytic Sites:
Kenpom: 19 (19)
Barttorvik: 36 (53)
Evan Miya: 20 (29)
Massey: 25 (30)
Team Rankings: 15 (24)
Sagarin: 17 (28)

Prediction: UConn #20

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mark Berman - still salty about Alleyne - ALSO A CUSE GRAD

1669042631009.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mark Berman can EAD - still salty about Alleyne.

View attachment 80930
From his AP Poll:

25. For this last spot, I looked at St. Mary's, Toledo, UConn, Ohio State, Tennessee and UNLV. But in the end, I decided to put The College of Charleston (5-1) on my ballot at No. 25 after the Cougars beat Davidson, Colorado State and Virginia Tech to win the Charleston Classic on their home floor. That win over the Hokies gave the edge to the Cougars for my 25th spot. The Cougars' only loss was at UNC in a game the Cougars led at halftime. Next for the Cougars: Kent State on Wed.

Of course since he covers VT that's his foundation for everything he does. Also has Xavier at 23, which is interesting.

Reaction Score
Dave is lookin' for some scoops from DH-- LOL
I think Borges pissed DH off in the presser yesterday when he asked about the OOC schedule. Hurley interrupted and said "Like the rest of the teams in the country". Maybe this was his way of trying to get back on DH's good side lol

Reaction Score
I think Borges pissed DH off in the presser yesterday when he asked about the OOC schedule. Hurley interrupted and said "Like the rest of the teams in the country". Maybe this was his way of trying to get back on DH's good side lol
I mean look at teams like UK, Michigan State, Duke, Kansas, etc. They schedule awesome OOC schedules. Granted, teams line up to play them, but we should reliably be able to schedule a better OOC home slate than what we currently have. 5 cupcake games is way too much. Play 3 of them and then fill the other 2 spots with a good P5 name like Indiana, Texas, Michigan, Purdue. Those teams would definitely do a H/H with us.

Reaction Score
People that don't have this UConn team ranked should not be able to vote. It's laughable, its clear most of the voters don't watch games. You can't watch this UConn team and not see that they're easily a top 25 team
Voters will look for any excuse to not rank us. It's really quite bizarre.

Reaction Score
I mean look at teams like UK, Michigan State, Duke, Kansas, etc. They schedule awesome OOC schedules. Granted, teams line up to play them, but we should reliably be able to schedule a better OOC home slate than what we currently have. 5 cupcake games is way too much. Play 3 of them and then fill the other 2 spots with a good P5 name like Indiana, Texas, Michigan, Purdue. Those teams would definitely do a H/H with us.
My guess is our OOC schedule will begin to improve as we have more Program success and once the Fab 5 are on campus..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When was the schedule set up? Given all the turnover and new pieces in this year‘s team it’s reasonable to expect that we would need some games to come together.

Reaction Score
Mark Berman what? How do you not rank a team that was ranked #25 last week and went 3-0 with an average win of 30? lol
Because he didn't have us ranked last week either. He didn't drop us after a 3-0 week, he just never did in the first place

Reaction Score
Here's the full poll. Nice bump for us

We’re better than many of the teams above us, but the schedule is holding us back a bit. Although as they say, it only matters where you’re ranked at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
UConn is now #20 and Oregon only got 4 votes.

Originally this was our first test against a top team, but now it would be considered an upset if we lose.

Regardless, we get to prove ourselves against #12 MSU or #18 Alabama. Winning 1 game probably keeps us our ranking. Winning 2 games will get us close to #15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom