AP Poll Week 12 - UConn #20 | The Boneyard

AP Poll Week 12 - UConn #20

Reaction Score

UConn moves up to #20. Villanova, Providence, Xavier, and Marquette (!!) are also ranked as far as Big East teams go. Auburn up to #1, having only lost once all year, to the good guys in Double OT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is great to see. Win two this week, maybe move up a bit. I really want UConn to stay ranked, even with a loss. Need to slide up a bit.

Reaction Score
I’m worried for Iowa State and marginally surprised to still see them ranked. Yes, they’re clearly in a better universe compared to their team last year, but I don’t think they’re the top-10, NC threat some fancied them at the end of noncon play. Perhaps if they’d come out on the right side in that road KU loss, I wouldn’t be so bearish on them. But the XII is obviously a gauntlet and will wear them down even further. I’ll probably fade them more often than not down the stretch.

As for UConn, all I can do is reiterate the optimism others have already stated in this thread; we find our stride and the BE title (and a protected seed) will be in play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to say I was very much a downer in that win. I thought Marquette sucked. I was wrong.
Props. (Somehow "like" didn't seem right)

Reaction Score
Auburn and Marquette are really doing work for us.

Taking care of business against bad teams is essential, and we've done well there lately, but we'll need to prove it regularly against the other top BE teams in the back half of the schedule. Last year we went 0-for-Creighton and Nova and were clearly 3rd in the pecking order. That's the next hurdle.

Reaction Score
I’m worried for Iowa State and marginally surprised to still see them ranked. Yes, they’re clearly in a better universe compared to their team last year, but I don’t think they’re the top-10, NC threat some fancied them at the end of noncon play. Perhaps if they’d come out on the right side in that road KU loss, I wouldn’t be so bearish on them. But the XII is obviously a gauntlet and will wear them down even further. I’ll probably fade them more often than not down the stretch.

As for UConn, all I can do is reiterate the optimism others have already stated in this thread; we find our stride and the BE title (and a protected seed) will be in play.
There's a voter (Bret Bloomquist) who had Iowa State ranked at 13th last week. Iowa St went on to lose @ Texas Tech and home vs TCU and Bret MOVED THEM UP to 9th on his ballot. Some of these guys are absolutely clueless.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Was hoping we would make a bigger leap. Glad to see the Big East well represented.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Iowa State will have 10-12 losses by Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Iowa State will have 10-12 losses by Selection Sunday.
Completely agree - I definitely see a world where they really get worn down and miss the tournament altogether. As it is, I would not be surprised to see them on the bubble at something like 18-13 come Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Have to win both games this week and then we get into the gauntlet part of the schedule. 14 games left assuming PC gets rescheduled. If we go 11-3, that will probably win us the BE and put us in 3 seed territory.
Championship caliber teams focus on the task at hand exclusively, and that’s the next game. That said, for us playing at home, looking ahead and prognosticating is a blast!

Reaction Score
What's with all the Iowa State talk on here?! Take it somewhere else, buddies!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
5 position leap after 2 wins against a pretty bad team is more than I was expecting
I know, but a lot of teams in the bottom half of the rankings lost and our Auburn and Marquette wins keep looking better. I was hoping for like 17.

Reaction Score
I feel that if Jackson's and Martin's performance remains at "Butler" level, we should finish top 2 in BE. I am hoping that their play continues against better opponents

Reaction Score
My seeding "dilemma" if the team goes in at around #20? Rather a 6 or on the 4/5 line?

At least one 6 seed always busts in the first round. Theoretically, round of 32 has 4/5 and 3/6. Does it matter much? The 6 avoids playng the 1 if form holds through the 16.

Depends on the draw, of course. What scenario works for you? All things being equal.

Bored til game time.

Reaction Score
5 position leap after 2 wins against a pretty bad team is more than I was expecting
I have to agree. The good thing is that we won by a decent margin. A tight game would have been “UnGood”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom