AP Poll - UConn moves up to #18 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - UConn moves up to #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of the rankings here really Irk me, I mean UVA loses to GW and is still ranked ahead of us...

Anyway what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and something I noticed about this year in college basketball. It reminds me very much of 2 years ago. When there are plenty of good teams sure, but no great ones. Meaning anyone can be beat and if a team peaks at the right time....

Reaction Score
Some of the rankings here really Irk me, I mean UVA loses to GW and is still ranked ahead of us...

Anyway what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and something I noticed about this year in college basketball. It reminds me very much of 2 years ago. When there are plenty of good teams sure, but no great ones. Meaning anyone can be beat and if a team peaks at the right time....

A loss on the road to GW in the final minute or so is not a bad loss, if you start off the season in the top 10 a loss like that is only going to drop you so far. UConn's 3 wins against weak competition isn't really going to move the needle from where they already started, they'll have their opportunity this week.

Reaction Score

That's roughly a top 50 road loss, can't really see how that should make you think less of a team. Then they went and took care of business in their tournament, which didn't really throw many obstacles in their way, but they didn't stumble.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
so Zac Boyer is a UConn alum and had them unranked, not saying you have to be biased and rank em high, but unranked is pretty interesting.

I think decent analysts try a little too hard to be unbiased at times. Bilas does it with Duke (thankfully). You just don't notice it because of everyone else's perma superjohn.

Reaction Score
#18 is about right. We haven't played anyone worth anything, so the voters still have no information about us.

If we sweep Atlantis, we'll be around #8-10. If we go 2-1, we'll tread water around #16-19. 1-2 on the winner's bracket side, we drop to #22-25. 1-2 or worse on the loser's bracket side, we're unranked.

Now, the rankings themselves don't mean very much, but this week is a huge lever arm on our season. We could come out of here with 3 marquee wins, or zero. That's the difference between a #3 seed and a #8 seed.

Reaction Score
#18 is about right. We haven't played anyone worth anything, so the voters still have no information about us.

If we sweep Atlantis, we'll be around #8-10. If we go 2-1, we'll tread water around #16-19. 1-2 on the winner's bracket side, we drop to #22-25. 1-2 or worse on the loser's bracket side, we're unranked.

Now, the rankings themselves don't mean very much, but this week is a huge lever arm on our season. We could come out of here with 3 marquee wins, or zero. That's the difference between a #3 seed and a #8 seed.
100% spot on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Michigan, Charlotte and Gonzaga

Even though it hurts UCONN's RPI, and they wouldn't get the chance to paste Syracuse, I'm almost hoping for it.

But it would be too much fun to beat them....and I want the guys to get experience against the zone.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Miami jumped in at #15 unsurprisingly.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
#18 is about right. We haven't played anyone worth anything, so the voters still have no information about us. If we sweep Atlantis, we'll be around #8-10. If we go 2-1, we'll tread water around #16-19. 1-2 on the winner's bracket side, we drop to #22-25. 1-2 or worse on the loser's bracket side, we're unranked. Now, the rankings themselves don't mean very much, but this week is a huge lever arm on our season. We could come out of here with 3 marquee wins, or zero. That's the difference between a #3 seed and a #8 seed.
I can't remember an early season game(s) being so crucial to us going in.

Ahh life in the AAC

Reaction Score
I can't remember an early season game(s) being so crucial to us going in.

Ahh life in the AAC

Wichitia State in 2010, although that was somewhat in hindsight since most didn't think that team would be all that good and we were probably just hoping to make the tourney going into that year. This team has high expectations, but it really would help to win this game to help set a tone for the season.

Reaction Score
Texas A & M to 25 just made the already deep Atlantis battle deeper!

Surviving winner of this early season event is getting some RPI points which will help and slides during the season.

Reaction Score

We`ve played a couple of cupcakes so i dont mind where we`re ranked. Im willing to bet if we win atlantis we`ll move up quite a bit in the rankings.

Reaction Score
How does Zac boyer not rank Uconn again? Uconn graduate and worked for the Courant. Seems personal

Reaction Score
The rankings seem particularly bad to start the season, #13 Indiana lost tonight to Wake Forest.

Reaction Score
so Zac Boyer is a UConn alum and had them unranked, not saying you have to be biased and rank em high, but unranked is pretty interesting.

I also think he wrote for that other board that begins with an R covering UConn, years ago.

Reaction Score
How does Zac boyer not rank Uconn again? Uconn graduate and worked for the Courant. Seems personal

Its sad writers cant leave their bias at the door and expect to have credibility. Sure we`ve played a couple of weak non conference teams but if you are not impressed by what youve seen from Uconn you need to find a new profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom