AP Poll - First Time Since 2007 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - First Time Since 2007

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UCONN's winning streak vs. unranked teams ended last week at Georgia Tech. That is unfortunate since Ga. Tech is ranked 18th just 5 days after beating the Huskies. I realize that signature win elevated them, but its not like UCONN lost to a bottom rung team.
The same happened in 2012. St. John's was maybe #26-28 before the game and jumped into the top-25 after beating us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NCAA_Division_I_women%27s_basketball_rankings

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To me the poll means nothing because of our injuries. It will mean something to me when we get healthy. Healthy and up to speed from the injuries and I dont know if there is a team that can beat us.
It already happened. South Carolina on Nov. 22nd. Auriemma played everybody he wanted to in that game on a neutral floor.

Reaction Score
UCONN's winning streak vs. unranked teams ended last week at Georgia Tech. That is unfortunate since Ga. Tech is ranked 18th just 5 days after beating the Huskies. I realize that signature win elevated them, but its not like UCONN lost to a bottom rung team.
Streaks are made to be broken.

Reaction Score
It already happened. South Carolina on Nov. 22nd. Auriemma played everybody he wanted to in that game on a neutral floor.
3rd game in 3 days… but yeah, SC was the better team. As long as Boston is playing, they’re the best.

Reaction Score
This puts UConn as a low #2 seed. Maybe out of the Bridgeport regional.
According to Bracketology, UConn is a 3rd seed but still in Bridgeport. The 2 seed is, guess who….Tennessee!! But these are predictions and not fact

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

If, and I say if, the selection committee moves UConn out of the Bridgeport region, there is going to be a whole lot of empty seats. And the committee knows it.

Creme has UConn as a 3 seed in the Bridgeport region. Way too early to worry about the seedings, unless you think UConn can't get it done.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd love to see UConn play GT again with their entire team......... I think they would take care of business rather handily.......

You are talking like Tech didn't have there entire team.

Reaction Score
Not really going to concern myself too much with UConn’s rankings this season. My priorities in order of importance are as follows:

1. Get healthy
2. Come together as a team to play UConn WBB
3. Win the BE Conference Tournament
4. Earn a 4-seed or better
4. Bring on the Big Dance
Get the first 2, and rest take care of themselves.

Reaction Score
Is it me or the entire world of WCBB wants to kick us while we are down?
There seems to be a glee about the situation our team is in. We lost to an unranked team.. We almost lost two games in a row.
We are ranked number 7, first time that low since 2007, oh my.
But here's the thing, when we get out players back from injury.....oh my goodness , there will be a reckoning.

Reaction Score
Something notable is that Georgia Teck skyrockets from being unranked to now #18. That was no easy team we played against the other night as we all saw.
No attack to your post but skyrocket is a bit much, GT has been also getting votes and just outside the top 25. They are a good well coached team and deserve what they have earned.

I always try to predict the punchline to jokes posted here.

I'm still trying to figure this one out, with 24 games left in the season and possibly 3 in the conferance tournament. ;)
Just the fact this is the lowest ranking since 2007 says a lot about the program. That may be more amazing than consecutive or time since lost 2 games in a row.
@meyers7 Keep that cannon loaded the battle has just begun! When some of our injured return we will be climbing back up the polls.
@my2cents, With all due respect you have more sense than this. ;)
UConn has put butt woopings on so many teams and won so much its a natural. It does not even matter the conference, you can bet if they have UConn on the schedule that is a target in every teams mind. A victory is a mental trophy for life and not many but some players can say years down the road, I played on a team that beat UConn.
Oh yea they are going to kick us when down.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hey, we are still above TN since the letter C comes before T. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
There seems to be a glee about the situation our team is in. We lost to an unranked team.. We almost lost two games in a row.
We are ranked number 7, first time that low since 2007, oh my.
But here's the thing, when we get out players back from injury.....oh my goodness , there will be a reckoning.
Did/do y’all want to kick Notre Dame when/while they were/are down? Tennessee?

Of course, every team wants to kick you while you’re down! Basketball is a competitive enterprise.

Reaction Score
I have watched a lot of WBB this year on ESPN+ and the team that really impresses me is Texas. The one loss to Tenn, IMO, was a case of the better team not winning an away game. Texas is the one team I have watched that I believe is on a par with South Carolina. Hope they both stay healthy and meet in the big dance, that is a game I want to see!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom