AP Poll 3/11/19 - There be some changes goin' on | The Boneyard

AP Poll 3/11/19 - There be some changes goin' on

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is the AP Poll, as in the thread title, the same as the ESPN Poll, which is linked to in your AP?
I thought that they were different polls entirely.

Reaction Score
Is the AP Poll, as in the thread title, the same as the ESPN Poll, which is linked to in your AP?
UMMMMM.... Yes...as I understand it... AP Poll is compiled Monday morning, ESPN takes that poll and puts it on the NCAAW page in www.ESPN.com. It's listed as AP poll on the ESPN Page...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There's no such thing as the "ESPN poll." There's an AP poll (voted on by various members of the media, most of whom are not affiliated with ESPN), and there's a coaches' poll. Both polls are listed side by side on ESPN; the AP poll is the one commonly cited when referring to a team's "ranking."

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
There's no such thing as the "ESPN poll." There's an AP poll (voted on by various members of the media, most of whom are not affiliated with ESPN), and there's a coaches' poll. Both polls are listed side by side on ESPN; the AP poll is the one commonly cited when referring to a team's "ranking."

UMMMMM.... Yes...as I understand it... AP Poll is compiled Monday morning, ESPN takes that poll and puts it on the NCAAW page in www.ESPN.com. It's listed as AP poll on the ESPN Page...
Got it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I have become very impressed with IOWA!
They will be a very, very tough out in the NCAA's!
They're ranked 8th here but they're playing as well as any team in WCBB right now IMHO!

Reaction Score

I have no idea why but for 15-20 years the Coaches poll has sometimes been referred to as the ESPN Poll. Especially down south, just assumed it was elsewhere.

Reaction Score
It's quite possible that ESPN does the actual polling of the coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom