triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke entering the poll like

giphy.gif

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was going to rant about NC State now being alone at #2 and we fell after 2 good wins. Then I realized State beat Indiana last week. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Duke entering the poll like

giphy.gif
Duke comes in at # 19 this week boasting a perfect 8-0 record. I suggested several times this season not to look past this Duke squad. Their most impressive win to date was over top 10 Iowa (79-64) that was ranked 9th at the time. The Blue Devils next game is the biggest game on their schedule this year, when they host the #1 South Carolina Gamecocks (9-0) on Wed Dec. 15 4:00 pm ET - TV: ACCN.

Duke head coach Kara Lawson will find out exactly where her team stands among the elites of WCBB next week. Will they get get blown out, stay within single digits, or perhaps hand Dawn Staley her first loss of the year? :eek: UConn is off that week for final examinations. That might be a game worth watching. Duke is averaging 80.8 ppg - Celeste Taylor is the team's leading scorer at 14.4 ppg. [Team stats]

Women's college basketball Power Rankings: ACC teams heat up, NC State jumps past UConn

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke comes in at # 19 this week boasting a perfect 8-0 record. I suggested several times this season not to look past this Duke squad. Their most impressive win to date was over top 10 Iowa (79-64) that was ranked 9th at the time. The Blue Devils next game is the biggest game on their schedule this year, when they host the #1 South Carolina Gamecocks (9-0) on Wed Dec. 15 4:00 pm ET - TV: ACCN.

Duke head coach Kara Lawson will find out exactly where her team stands among the elites of WCBB next week. Will they get get blown out, stay within single digits, or perhaps hand Dawn Staley her first loss of the year? :eek: UConn is off that week for final examinations. That might be a game worth watching. Duke is averaging 80.8 ppg - Celeste Taylor is the team's leading scorer at 14.4 ppg. [Team stats]

Women's college basketball Power Rankings: ACC teams heat up, NC State jumps past UConn

WE AIN'T GETTING BLOWN OUT vs South Carolina :mad:.... at least I hope not. :oops:

Carnac

Reaction Score
WE AIN'T GETTING BLOWN OUT vs South Carolina :mad:.... at least I hope not. :oops:
I don't think you are either, but...........................:rolleyes: I think it will be a very competitive game. I did offer two other possibilities. I plan on watching it. :cool: How close they play SC will depend on their ability to control/limit Boston's play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until last two games I didn't think that Louisville was a Top Ten team. I've changed my mind. Engstler makes this team so much better....she never takes a play off, is always around the ball and plays much bigger than her listed height. That said, this team will live or die by the outside shot - Hailey Van Lith and Kianna Smith, especially.

Reaction Score

Didn't go so well offensively for the last Celeste Taylor led team that faced South Carolina.

It's a good measuring stick game for Duke though. Springing an upset would be good juice but I'm curious to see how big a SC crowd shows up in Durham.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Didn't go so well offensively for the last Celeste Taylor led team that faced South Carolina.

It's a good measuring stick game for Duke though. Springing an upset would be good juice but I'm curious to see how big a SC crowd shows up in Durham.
I don’t expect it to go any better this time. You know the old saying: you dance with the person you came with. Kara will start her and hope for the best. I expect the Gamecocks to be 11-0 after that game. I also expect you guys to beat #8 Maryland Sunday. :cool:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

I've seen Duke twice so far and early returns are positive. I enjoyed watching Lexi Gordon and Celeste Taylor is a Playor.

However, I probably have a better shot at dinner with Rihanna than Duke has against USC.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As I have said before, I love my Colorado team but I am not ready to put them in top 25.
Hey, I have been skeptical of JR Payne (and you know that) and while their OOC thus far has two lesser P5 program wins and a win over Marquette, I even put them in my top 25 poll this week. They earned it. They are playing well and showing the defense and offense needed for a sustained run. With their OOC being less than ideal for strength, I do think they could perform well in the PAC12 this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom