AP poll 11/30 | The Boneyard

AP poll 11/30

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No change in the top 11.

Iowa State, after losing at South Dakota State, falls from #15 to #23.
Maryland, after losing to Missouri State (but then beating Arkansas), dips from #12 to #14.
Arkansas also takes a downgrade, from #14 to #16.
Gonzaga, after giving South Carolina a legit scare, inches up from #21 to #18.
Missouri State, after beating Maryland (but then losing to Wake Forest), moves from #24 to #21.

Notre Dame, formerly #22, drops out after losing at Ohio.
Texas enters at #25.
South Dakota State is now the top vote-getter among "others receiving votes".

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I saw a poll today that has ND in the top 25.

Reaction Score
The COVID cancellations have reduced the season to just a few games that will make or break the season. Two of those were lost with Louisville and probably Mississippi State. Now there are probably only two games where we could expect to advance with a win, namely Baylor and South Carolina.

We will be expected to run the table in the Big East, with a single loss, if it happens, being more damaging to our rating, than undefeated in the conference is likely to help it, IMO. Maybe we move up a little from beating Tennessee or DePaul, but probably not much.

I think if we lost against Baylor and South Carolina, we might not get a number 1 seed. Split and maybe we still get one but as the number 3 or 4 team in the country. Win both and we should be number 1 or at worst second, assuming we win the rest.

Of course the other top teams face much tougher in conference schedules and conference tournaments, so we might get some help with an occasional upset there, but so much rides on so few games.

Reaction Score
Ultimately they have to win to advance no matter what their seeding or record is going into the tournament. I like their chances. Hopefully everyone's expectations are met.

Reaction Score
Another week for South Carolina ranked #1, I wonder when they will hang this banner? :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom