Reaction Score
1. SCar
2. UConn
3. Indiana
4. Stanford or VaTech
5, Stanford or VaTech
6. Iowa

etc.

Uconn is 2d in Quad One wins minus all losses with 9 rating which is what I use to rank in the BYPoll. Indiana and Stanford have an 8 rating. A UConn loss tonight would drop them to an 8 rating to tie with Indiana and Stanford. A win tonight clinches second that 9 rating for nation's second best.

Reaction Score
I agree. The Pac 12 is so severely overrated.
Agreed. See: Utah. Don’t get me wrong, the wins over UCLA and Stanford (both home games for Utah) are good, but they’ve done little besides that. Their blowout of Oklahoma early in the season says more about Oklahoma (side note: the Big 12 is a mess this year) than it does about Utah. Stanford has been as inconsistent as UConn, but without any of the excuses so I’m confused why they (Stanford) aren’t being questioned more (they do have some quality wins, but still, they’ve been inconsistent especially in conference play).

Reaction Score
Too funny. Tennessee loses but yet gains a Top 25 slot. SMH. I know they beat LSU. I bet the powers that be could not wait to get the Lady Vols back in. Jeez.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It almost feels like the rankings are:
#1 South Carolina
#2-10 A LOT of teams who can beat each other on any given day
What is really interesting---Even South Caroline has to play 6 games--unless this year (as some thought about Uconn for 30 years) all they must so is appear for the Trophy ceremony!
If that is the Format for this year--I'll accept it.
Next year as it begins---send the trophy to Geno, and the next 3 years too.

sun

Reaction Score
Too funny. Tennessee loses but yet gains a Top 25 slot. SMH. I know they beat LSU. I bet the powers that be could not wait to get the Lady Vols back in. Jeez.
Tennessee is NET #15 ahead of Ohio State at NET #16.

Reaction Score
Not really surprised by the rankings. SC is a no brainer. Iowa, they are hot right now. But it's the Caitlin Clark show and too many writers are in love with scorers like Clark.

VT - I don't think so. ACC is not that strong this year. Happy for them getting the ACC tourny crown. Very good team but....

Seems yesterday's games did not figure in the voting. Too bad.

We play on. Win tonight and wait for the committee to decide.
She also leads the country in assists and has more triple doubles than any other basketball player, men or women, pro or college. How can you call her just a scorer? That’s a ridiculous assertion.

Reaction Score
In March, the AP voters seem to divide into 2 camps: the ones who want to forecast the actual seedings and the ones who are looking for scoops. The former will tend to converge on the NET rankings, the latter will diverge from them.

Reaction Score
At least 16 teams in the latest AP top 25 poll LOST in their conference tournaments!
I don't know if that's special or not, just pointing that out!
How many regular season conference champs failed to follow up with a conference championship?

It’s not a big deal for the P-6 like Stanford and Indiana but it can be a crushing blow for the small conference teams.

Reaction Score
I would take UConn straight up if they have their Top 7 at least 80% healthy over any team in the nation right now, except maybe SC. So would Vegas betting lines.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ah yes. All of the powers were dying to put Tennessee back in the polls. The same team that has been out of the top 25 all year despite having a strong net and projected seeding all season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Creme's bracket is right--unlikely--Tennessee gets to play at Villanova for the first 2 games, including against the Wildcats in Round 2. I like it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom