AP new poll out, 12-3-2018 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP new poll out, 12-3-2018

Reaction Score
Ok, because it's what I do best, here's the breakdown of the voting for those who want to know:
View attachment 37052

One voter, Tyler Palmateer, Norman Transcript voted Tennessee 6th, ahead of MSU 7th. Really??? I can't wait for that game.
Another voter, Michelle Smith, ESPNW voted Texas 6th. Really? Did you not see the beatdown Texas took? Add in Higgs is done for the year and Joyner is 3-4 weeks away, there's no way they should be 6th.

The top 5 are in consensus as all top 5 got votes within the top 6 (1 vote for Baylor at 7 by LaChina Robinson). So our MSU colleagues need to assert their authority these next few games when they play Marquette and Oregon.

I don't have a problem with us remaining at 6. Our girls have played in the last championship games so they know polls aren't the end all be all but it still acts as good motivator for the ladies as we tread thru a cold winter.( we normally don't get many freezing temps until mid January and they're gone by late February but we've already had more freezing and snow than we normally get all winter)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What is S. Carolina still doing in the top 25 with a 4-4 record ??
IMHO inertia. Preseason they were 10/11. Top 25 teams only drop 3-4 spots usually when they lose, even if it's a bad loss. Plus, aside from Drake, all their losses came vs. top 10 teams at that time. By the way, Drake is up to 21 now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
IMHO inertia. Preseason they were 10/11. Top 25 teams only drop 3-4 spots usually when they lose, even if it's a bad loss. Plus, aside from Drake, all their losses came vs. top 10 teams at that time. By the way, Drake is up to 21 now.

Drake-I-am-always-going-to-work.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with us remaining at 6.....
I think MSU and Baylor are 3 and 4 when more game are played. Both teams have better competition coming up. Unfortunately, both their conferences will be down in quality this year with each of them winning it easily. Texas will get Joyner Holmes back, however her athletic talent is still raw and not developing under Karen plus losing Higgs was a big blow. Maybe Tenn talent will allow them to overcome Holly’s coaching and give MSU a brief run...I doubt it though as MSU will want to continue to extract payback for all those years of abuse...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom