AP new poll out, 12-3-2018 | The Boneyard

AP new poll out, 12-3-2018

Reaction Score
UConn #1 775 pts
ND #2 719 pts
Oregon #3 707 pts
Baylor #4 689 pts
Louvillie #5 661 pts

Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 57, Iowa State 37, South Florida 24, Florida State 20, Virginia Tech 20, West Virginia 16, Georgia 14, South Dakota 7, USC 5, Indiana 5, Michigan State 3, Central Michigan 3, Purdue 2, Utah 2, Northwestern 2, North Carolina 1, Kansas 1
Dropped from rankings: Texas A&M 17, Iowa State 23
Coaches Poll

2018-19 Women's College Basketball Rankings for Week 4 | ESPN

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball team voted No. 1 in AP poll after beating Notre Dame

“If the poll comes out and we’re No. 1 I don’t think that changes what we do in practice,” Auriemma said. “I don’t think that changes anything. I think it maybe makes our players feel like we’re No. 1 because we did earn it… We’re not No. 1 because somebody voted it, we’re No. 1 because we earned it. And I hope that’s a good feeling for them.”

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We will have to wait for the full list to be posted to the ESPN "Rankings" tab to see the 2-25 vote totals and see how close the 2-6 teams are in voting. Somewhat surprised by ND still being #2, voters must still see more flaws in Oregon, Baylor, Louisville and MSU that what UConn exposed in ND. I do think they are the #2 team. Some good games coming up involving top 8 schools so we should get a clearer picture of the relative strength of Baylor, MSU, Louisville and Oregon.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
UConn #1 775 pts
ND #2 719 pts
Oregon #3 707 pts
Baylor #4 689 pts
Louvillie #5 661 pts

Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 57, Iowa State 37, South Florida 24, Florida State 20, Virginia Tech 20, West Virginia 16, Georgia 14, South Dakota 7, USC 5, Indiana 5, Michigan State 3, Central Michigan 3, Purdue 2, Utah 2, Northwestern 2, North Carolina 1, Kansas 1
Dropped from rankings: Texas A&M 17, Iowa State 23
Coaches Poll

2018-19 Women's College Basketball Rankings for Week 4 | ESPN
The fact that ND is still #2 tells me that the voters see UCONN as head and shoulders above everyone else at this time and that ND losing to such a good team (UCONN) by 18 does not diminish them.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Something is wrong with vote. Somehow West Coast USC got 5 votes. They never get votes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC.Cheat got a vote??? Is there any way to find out who gave them that vote?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Massey has Miss St #2 and ND #3. Whole different metric of course.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
While I'm pleasantly surprised to see NC State crack the top 10...I don't know that the Wolfpack Women are a top 10 team...yet. But, I'll take it and enjoy the ride up the rankings until our first loss.

BTW...and off topic...our next game is Wednesday...AT 10:30 am!! Why, on earth, would a game be scheduled in mid morning of midweek? Maybe a Final Exam thing?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UNC.Cheat got a vote??? Is there any way to find out who gave them that vote?
I like your new avatar. Getting ready to remove that darn bag. I'm with you.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I like your new avatar. Getting ready to remove that darn bag. I with you.

Had to replace it........ paper bags get kinda musty after a few weeks :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
While I'm pleasantly surprised to see NC State crack the top 10...I don't know that the Wolfpack Women are a top 10 team...yet. But, I'll take it and enjoy the ride up the rankings until our first loss.

BTW...and off topic...our next game is Wednesday...AT 10:30 am!! Why, on earth, would a game be scheduled in mid morning of midweek? Maybe a Final Exam thing?

Just looking at your schedule...... if you guys can get past Duke on Jan 3rd..... the schedule is incredibly backloaded.... could be looking at an undefeated run until the middle of February :eek:

now watch yall lose on wednesday morning :oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, because it's what I do best, here's the breakdown of the voting for those who want to know:
Week4 Poll.JPG

One voter, Tyler Palmateer, Norman Transcript voted Tennessee 6th, ahead of MSU 7th. Really??? I can't wait for that game.
Another voter, Michelle Smith, ESPNW voted Texas 6th. Really? Did you not see the beatdown Texas took? Add in Higgs is done for the year and Joyner is 3-4 weeks away, there's no way they should be 6th.

The top 5 are in consensus as all top 5 got votes within the top 6 (1 vote for Baylor at 7 by LaChina Robinson). So our MSU colleagues need to assert their authority these next few games when they play Marquette and Oregon.

Reaction Score
What is S. Carolina still doing in the top 25 with a 4-4 record ??

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

I found out that NC State's game with Hampton on Wednesday is part of a promotion to allow middle school children to attend the game. The Wolfpack Women are expecting about 2000 youngsters.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I found out that NC State's game with Hampton on Wednesday is part of a promotion to allow middle school children to attend the game. The Wolfpack Women are expecting about 2000 youngsters.

Oregon St. has a similar event. It's really popular. Nothing like a building filled up with screaming kids.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oregon St. has a similar event. It's really popular. Nothing like a building filled up with screaming kids.

There are probably quite a few schools that do that. Locally..... in my city... NCAT does this. Normally you would want to play a patsy... but a few years ago their opponent was a top 10 UCLA squad. Wake Forest has one as well. Sadly.... they get more in attendance for that game... then they do with the rest of their 14-15 game home schedule COMBINED :oops:

The ACC tournament does this with their Thursday and Friday morning games. 11am start... one day its for the elementary kids... the other for the middle school kiddies. Ive been to a couple...... cant remember if they were elementary or middle schools...... but its loud..... but make for a fun environment.

Reaction Score
Phoenix Mercury do this, and I think other WNBA teams do too. I had never heard of it, but went to a noon weekday game this summer and noticed ~50 school buses. It was summertime, so no school in session, but turned out the kids were from the Phoenix school system's "Summer Camp" program (sort of a cross between summer school and day care, I think).

The arena was fuller than usual, and the cheering was loud, but very high-pitched. It was like the difference in crowd noise between a sold-out Gampel for a good men's game and a sold-out Gampel for a good women's game - only one MORE level tamer and one MORE octave higher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom