AP Coach of the Year | The Boneyard

AP Coach of the Year

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe that it has to be MM. Every chance they get, the media (ahem, ESPN) can't help but drone on about how the Domers have more ACL injuries than losses and therefore must be a genius. Heck, I even heard it from the announcers during the McDonald's AA game.

Now I have no idea if this is true or not because I don't follow ND in any manner other than watching them on tv, but I had read here on the BY that the 4 kids with the injured ACLs probably would not have been big contributors other than being able to come off the bench to give the starters a break. If this is true then it isn't much different than being an undefeated coach that played 95% of this season's games with 6 players.

I guess I could be mistaken about the injured kids as it appears that one was their starting PG. Oops, I thought everything on the internet is true.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I believe that it has to be MM. Every chance they get, the media (ahem, ESPN) can't help but drone on about how the Domers have more ACL injuries than losses and therefore must be a genius. Heck, I even heard it from the announcers during the McDonald's AA game.

Now I have no idea if this is true or not because I don't follow ND in any manner other than watching them on tv, but I had read here on the BY that the 4 kids with the injured ACLs probably would not have been big contributors other than being able to come off the bench to give the starters a break. If this is true then it isn't much different than being an undefeated coach that played 95% of this season's games with 6 players.

I guess I could be mistaken about the injured kids as it appears that one was their starting PG. Oops, I thought everything on the internet is true.
while I echo your sentiments on ND being talked about ad nausea, 1 player is a POY candidate and All-American, Brianna Turner (aka STUD), one was a point guard that would probably not have started but played VERY significant minutes-Lili Thompson. A third player, Mychal Johnson, averaged 16 minutes last year and would have been a solid contributor this year giving depth to the backcourt. The other was a promising freshman center who looked good early and would have spelled Westbeld and Shepard.

I would have voted Vic as well but it would be close with Muffet. And no, the NCAA did not favor ND, they granted all the transfers from Nebraska under Yori, immediate eligibility. That refrain gets a bit old...just wait until you see the new transfer rules about to be passed this June...

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Don't see it being Geno this year, but let's review:

If it isn't Muffet McGraw, then something is amiss. After all of the injuries and position switching mid-season and still making it to the final four, she has to be COY. Not to mention scaring the bejesus out of UCONN.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
while I echo your sentiments on ND being talked about ad nausea, 1 player is a POY candidate and All-American, Brianna Turner (aka STUD), one was a point guard that would probably not have started but played VERY significant minutes-Lili Thompson. A third player, Mychal Johnson, averaged 16 minutes last year and would have been a solid contributor this year giving depth to the backcourt. The other was a promising freshman center who looked good early and would have spelled Westbeld and Shepard.

I would have voted Vic as well but it would be close with Muffet. And no, the NCAA did not favor ND, they granted all the transfers from Nebraska under Yori, immediate eligibility. That refrain gets a bit old...just wait until you see the new transfer rules about to be passed this June...
I didn't say anything about the Shepherd exemption in this post, I have come to terms with the fact that no special treatment was given to the Domers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom