AP Awards | The Boneyard

AP Awards

Reaction Score
Interesting you only need one vote to be honorable mention.

Congrats to Paige, first team AP All American returning from ACL injury. That’s really impressive.

Aaliyah one of the two highest vote getters in the honorable mention category, per the AP article.

Reaction Score
There is often a recency bias as voters start focusing on players at the end of the season. Aaliyah missed much of the BE tournament and may have lost a few votes as a result.

She would have certainly made my list!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Nika made Honorable Mention too.
1000001138.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here's the full list of Honorable Mention All Americans:

Honorable Mention:

Lauren Betts, UCLA; Audi Crooks, Iowa State; Aaliyah Edwards, UConn; Yvonne Ejim Gonzaga; Lauren Gustin, BYU; McKenna Hofschild, Colorado State; Abbey Hsu, Columbia; Kiki Iriafen, Stanford; Rickea Jackson, Tennessee; Ta’Niya Latson, Florida State; Ayoka Lee, Kansas State; Cotie McMahon, Ohio State; Aneesah Morrow, LSU; Nika Muhl, UConn; Lucy Olsen, Villanova; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Te-Hina Paopao, South Carolina; JJ Quinerly, West Virginia; Saniya Rivers, North Carolina State; Kiki Rice, UCLA; Jaylyn Sherrod, Colorado; Skylar Vann, Oklahoma.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The cold reality is that these AA awards are greatly influenced by team success, and rightly or wrongly voters are reluctant to spare a second vote for a borderline top 10 team.

Since I have the choice how to spend my energy, I'll choose to focus it on celebrating Paige's 1st team award. She had a remarkable season, and after all she's been through the last two years, this is quite the triumphant return.

Aaliyah has also had a magnificent season, and I'm sure she's smart and mature enough to know that her accomplishments on the court are not the slightest bit diminished by whether some outside entity puts her name on a list.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The cold reality is that these AA awards are greatly influenced by team success, and rightly or wrongly voters are reluctant to spare a second vote for a borderline top 10 team.
S. Carolina with 1 2nd Team and 1 HM.
Texas with 1 2nd Team
Iowa with 1 1st Team
USC with 1 1st Team

All #1 Seeds.

vs
UCONN with 1 1st Team and 2 HM. #3 Seed.

Not so sure your comment hold true.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
S. Carolina with 1 2nd Team and 1 HM.
Texas with 1 2nd Team
Iowa with 1 1st Team
USC with 1 1st Team

All #1 Seeds.

vs
UCONN with 1 1st Team and 2 HM. #3 Seed.

Not so sure your comment hold true.
How often has a team outside the top 8 placed two players on AP 1st through 3rd teams (not counting HM)? Has that ever happened?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How often has a team outside the top 8 placed two players on AP 1st through 3rd teams (not counting HM)? Has that ever happened?
Well Virginia Tech this year, outside the top 10 (12).

That would take a while to look up for other years.

Reaction Score
How could Aaliyah not make one of the 3 teams???
Hard to Believe! It seems like they limited one to a school. But... the EXCEPTION: Virginia Tech: Elizabeth Kitley on the second team
and Georgia Amoore on the third. IMO Paige and Aaliyah were as productive as the V. T. Duet ( Virginia Tech is
a Number four seed in the NCAAs ). But then the committee would have to drop someone.... and, of course,
other teams might complain how they (also) did not merit a duo! OUCH!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom