AP article - Rare signs of fragility for UConn | The Boneyard

AP article - Rare signs of fragility for UConn

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
In the words of Eric Idle, we've got to look on the bright side of life. We will have Paige, Azzi, Caroline, Nika and DeBerry playing together for at least three years, bar injury, plus AE,and, hopefully AG, for two, AND two outstanding big tough frosh for next year and a superb pg coming in the next. It could be worse!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Goof general article but unfortunately, it reminded me of our Pregame Presser with Evina and Caroline

Evina said

“There is a standard here,” she said. “And there is a huge expectation to live up to, that no one in the country has. So, to be in our position is hard. But, at the same time, no one is feeling sorry for us. The whole world is cheering that UConn’s down right now or that we lost two games in the middle of the season. So, really, it’s just time for us to turn it up and we know that.”

so I guessed Evina would come out of that game like gangbusters. Just the opposite :confused::confused::confused::confused:

and on the flip side, Caroline was very reserved and a little shy and she comes out confident and effective.

Reaction Score
I like this:

"Lobo said she also believes talk of UConn’s downfall has been greatly exaggerated. Fudd is expected to start running this week. Bueckers is due back in mid-February. Their return will help."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We aren't looking at Azzi actually playing this week though. I'd be surprised if she actually plays tomorrow.

Reaction Score
We aren't looking at Azzi actually playing this week though. I'd be surprised if she actually plays tomorrow.
Is this your opinion only or you have information saying Azzi will not play this week?

sun

Reaction Score
Posted Jan. 10, by Paige Bueckers UConn - How UConn Will Overcome Paige Bueckers Injury..
It shows the team practicing with Geno.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Is this your opinion only or you have information saying Azzi will not play this week?
We have gotten two different opinions about Azzi the last couple of days. I think he may try to sneak her in for a few minutes for her to get the feel again, but against Xavier she has to play. She needs to get comfortable before we head out to Eugene. Nika is one person that I know can get the ball to Azzi almost as well as Paige, so I think they need the one full game together to gain some sort of chemistry.

Reaction Score
Posted Jan. 10, by Paige Bueckers UConn - How UConn Will Overcome Paige Bueckers Injury..
It shows the team practicing with Geno.

Not sure this is the newest video. At 19 sec you can see Paige is in practice and running. If this is true it is an excellent news.

Screenshot (17).png

sun

Reaction Score
Not sure this is the newest video. At 19 sec you can see Paige is in practice and running. If this is true it is an excellent news.

View attachment 72386
I believe that in part, it's complied from file footage.
It looks like near the end at exactly 2:07 that Saylor (or another dyed blond practice player) was in the footage too.
The video caption includes 3 reference links:

Credit UCTV, UConnWBB Instagram, & SNY

https://youtube.com/c/TheUCTVchannel14
https://instagram.com/uconnwbb?utm_me...
https://youtube.com/c/snytv

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom