AP article on financial performance of UCONN's Athletic department | The Boneyard

AP article on financial performance of UCONN's Athletic department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nice to see an article that clarifies what UConn is really doing. UL fans think they have a massive budget compared to us and that is one of the reasons they think they are superior to everyone else. Our budget is the same as theirs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Forgive me if this is old news:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/9c54d2bbca95405994fff26794ff2b8d/CT--UConn-Athletic-Finances/

"What's going to change in the future is the television contracts," he said. "That's going to be another $10-$20 million a year. And what Connecticut does bring that is attractive is a television market, which the ACC does not have. They have the Boston market, but they do not have the New York market."

Keep in mind the quote above wasn't from the author or from Enright at Uconn. It came from this guy.

Dan Fulks, an accounting professor at of Transylvania University, a Division III school in Lexington, Ky.

But, it is an interesting perspective from someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight in regards to expansion.

Reaction Score
Nice to see an article that clarifies what UConn is really doing. UL fans think they have a massive budget compared to us and that is one of the reasons they think they are superior to everyone else. Our budget is the same as theirs.
Sooner than later, "upstater" will provide a rational, most likely accurate, buzz-killing account as to why the results reported by AP are BS. As a result of other "upstater" input, I now understand that there is no SAP for AD accounting, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom