AP: Aresco says Big East looking to add 12th school | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP: Aresco says Big East looking to add 12th school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Any time you can grab the fifth-best program in Louisiana, you have to do it.
I could imagine Tulane has a goal set to become the second best in the state, at worst. Time shall tell. Memphis' recruiting class for 2013 has just gotten a little better.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Fordham plays in a 2,000 seat gym. Soon people will be mentioning CCNY and its illustrious history.

Reaction Score
I could imagine Tulane has a goal set to become the second best in the state, at worst. Time shall tell. Memphis' recruiting class for 2013 has just gotten a little better.

This post is humorous for a bunch of reasons.

Reaction Score
We could make fun of these schools all we want. They appear to be the only ones that want to play sports with us at the moment. As much as it may suck, were going to have grin and bear it. Pretty sure most everyone on this board, will be there @The Rent to support our Huskies against The Green Wave much the same way we were there for our games against the Scarlet Knights.

I'm so numb to this right now, I'm just hoping for exciting football in the not too distant future.

Reaction Score
Fordham plays in a 2,000 seat gym. Soon people will be mentioning CCNY and its illustrious history.

MSG or Barclays.

C'mon. We just want them to be our Washington Generals.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We could make fun of these schools all we want. They appear to be the only ones that want to play sports with us at the moment. As much as it may suck, were going to have grin and bear it. Pretty sure most everyone on this board, will be there @The Rent to support our Huskies against The Green Wave much the same way we were there for our games against the Scarlet Knights.

I'm so numb to this right now, I'm just hoping for exciting football in the not too distant future.

They are certainly (1) the best university in Louisiana and (2) the second most valuable program in the state.

I've said it a few times and I truly believe that UConn's fingerprints are all over Tulane. If you listen to Ms. Herbst, she talks about academics and student athletes every single time. I think she is horrified to be affiliated with Memphis, ECU and Houston. My guess is she sees realignment this way: (1) ACC or B1g ups the athletic profile, academic profile and lets us hang out with similar universities with similar goals. (2) Until an invite is available, I care more about being a conference with institutions with similar academic and research goals than I do in a league with truly atrocious universities that happen to have semi-decent football teams.

I'm sure her next choice, if she has the influence, would be Rice. There is some logic to this. The league is not going to be good on the field no matter what tier 2-3 programs we add to it. So. Miss or Rice? I mean, who cares? Rice at least brings some prestige to the table, along with a big market presence. Tulane does the same.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
MSG or Barclays.

C'mon. We just want them to be our Washington Generals.

They use the Izod Center for home games on occasion.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I've said it a few times and I truly believe that UConn's fingerprints are all over Tulane. If you listen to Ms. Herbst, she talks about academics and student athletes every single time. I think she is horrified to be affiliated with Memphis, ECU and Houston.
Actually it was UCF that brought us Tulane. See below.
Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN)
1/29/13, 10:36 AM
Text messages show UCF helped Tulane to Big East. Mike Aresco text: "(Tulane) would be big one for us" per @PaulTenorio thesent.nl/T5jJNl
http://thesent.nl/T5jJNl

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Media consultants and facility upgrades and market footprint are driving this. BE South Division basketball: USF, UCF, Tulane, South Miss, SMU, & Houston.

That's the UCF master plan. Big East Radio. Loud and strong across the border states. Pity poor UAB for listening and begging to join.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
And they thought the C7 was bad. Wait until the C-USA cluster frack votes together.

As one ex-UConn player put it: CT only cares if you win. Better to win 9 games in the non-BCS every year.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom