AP All American Team | The Boneyard

AP All American Team

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm not questioning the selections but it makes me wonder why Liz Kitley was named the ACC POY over Hildago. I tend to think it was only because she had won the previous 2.
Disclaimer: I dislike everything Golden Domer, so I am not on Hildago's bandwagon.
Now back to the selections, we have to be sooooo proud of Paige for accomplishing this after missing last season recovering from her ACL injury.

Edited for more clarity: Hannah Hidalgo deserves to be 1st team AP AA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not questioning the selections but it makes me wonder why Liz Kitley was named the ACC POY over Hildago. I tend to think it was only because she had won the previous 2.
Disclaimer: I dislike everything Golden Domer, so I am not on Hildago's bandwagon.
Now back to the selections, we have to be sooooo proud of Paige for accomplishing this after missing last season recovering from her ACL injury.
I think Kitley and Hidalgo both had a strong case for ACC Player of the Year, to the point where it almost comes down to personal preference and there wasn’t an objective answer.

They likely did not want to take it away from a senior who had put up even bigger numbers than last year when she won it. They probably figured that Hidalgo will have other chances to win it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here's the full list of Honorable Mentions that is in some AP stories, but not others.

Honorable Mention:

Lauren Betts, UCLA; Audi Crooks, Iowa State; Aaliyah Edwards, UConn; Yvonne Ejim Gonzaga; Lauren Gustin, BYU; McKenna Hofschild, Colorado State; Abbey Hsu, Columbia; Kiki Iriafen, Stanford; Rickea Jackson, Tennessee; Ta’Niya Latson, Florida State; Ayoka Lee, Kansas State; Cotie McMahon, Ohio State; Aneesah Morrow, LSU; Nika Muhl, UConn; Lucy Olsen, Villanova; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Te-Hina Paopao, South Carolina; JJ Quinerly, West Virginia; Saniya Rivers, North Carolina State; Kiki Rice, UCLA; Jaylyn Sherrod, Colorado; Skylar Vann, Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Different voters.

On national stage, Hidalgo was more prominent. And leading her team to the ACCT while Kitley was out of the news surely helps.

Reaction Score
AP team

Clark, Watkins, Brink, Hidalgo, Bueckers
JuJu got 33/35 votes for First Team, a crazy vote total given her statistical shortcomings (40.5 FG%, 44.9 eFG% and more TOs than assists). JuJu also came close to laying the groundwork to be the first 4-time unanimous 1st-Team AP AA.

Of the two 4-time 1st-Team AP AAs (Maya Moore and Courtney Paris) and the now 9 other 3-time 1st-Team AP AAs, there are only three 3-time unanimous 1st-Team AP AAs: Maya Moore, Breanna Stewart and Caitlin Clark.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Tbf im a bit surprised Edwards didn’t make 3rd team.
Here are the votes for 3rd Team:

Third Team:
Alissa Pili, Utah; 6-2; Senior; Anchorage, Alaska; 20.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, 54.8% field goal percentage (0, 51)

Mackenzie Holmes, Indiana; 6-3; Senior; Gorham, Maine; 20 points, 6.9 rebounds, 66.7% field goal percentage (1, 31)

Georgia Amoore, Virginia Tech; 5-6; Senior; Ballarat, Australia; 19.2 points, 2.7 rebounds, 6.9 assists (0, 31)

Dyaisha Fair, Syracuse; 5-5; Senior; Rochester, N.Y.; 22 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists (0, 30)

Raegan Beers, Oregon State; 6-4; Sophomore; Littleton, Colo.; 17.7 points, 10.4 rebounds, 66% field goal percentage (0, 26)

Reaction Score
I see the TN and UConn fans are salty over on Twitter.
And how loud are the Duke fans?
beyond scared straight head tilt GIF

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Different voters with a different thought process.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tbf im a bit surprised Edwards didn’t make 3rd team.

I was also surprised, but looking at the list Im not sure who I would take off to put her on.

Reaction Score
I have strictly no problems with a Clarck / Bueckers / Brink / Watkins / Hidalgo selection

Even more, they would be my dream team with Nika Muh as the sixth

Reaction Score
Here's the full list of Honorable Mentions that is in some AP stories, but not others.

Honorable Mention:

Lauren Betts, UCLA; Audi Crooks, Iowa State; Aaliyah Edwards, UConn; Yvonne Ejim Gonzaga; Lauren Gustin, BYU; McKenna Hofschild, Colorado State; Abbey Hsu, Columbia; Kiki Iriafen, Stanford; Rickea Jackson, Tennessee; Ta’Niya Latson, Florida State; Ayoka Lee, Kansas State; Cotie McMahon, Ohio State; Aneesah Morrow, LSU; Nika Muhl, UConn; Lucy Olsen, Villanova; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Te-Hina Paopao, South Carolina; JJ Quinerly, West Virginia; Saniya Rivers, North Carolina State; Kiki Rice, UCLA; Jaylyn Sherrod, Colorado; Skylar Vann, Oklahoma.
One of the great revelations this season has been Iriafen ~ wonderful season following extraordinary development. We all knew Stanford would be solid - not sure anyone anticipated Kiki’s breakout. Good for her!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom