AP All America Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP All America Team

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How does Paige make honorable mentions?
Not 100% sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who received a vote earned a spot on HM. Bueckers doesn't belong on this list, Zia Cooke doesn't belong on this list, Katie Benzan doesn't belong on this list. Not sure how any of those players got votes when standouts like Alexis Morris, Jenna Staiti, Madi Williams, Dre'Una Edwards, Taylor Mikesell and others got shafted. Especially Mikesell/Williams, both could've been on 3rd team and most wouldn't have batted an eye.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Especially Mikesell/Williams, both could've been on 3rd team and most wouldn't have batted an eye.
For Madi Williams to not even get HM is just a massive miss. Befuddling.

Reaction Score
Not 100% sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who received a vote earned a spot on HM. Bueckers doesn't belong on this list, Zia Cooke doesn't belong on this list, Katie Benzan doesn't belong on this list. Not sure how any of those players got votes when standouts like Alexis Morris, Jenna Staiti, Madi Williams, Dre'Una Edwards, Taylor Mikesell and others got shafted. Especially Mikesell/Williams, both could've been on 3rd team and most wouldn't have batted an eye.

In Dre'Una Edwards case, could the games she was DNP for disciplinary reasons be a factor? She missed several games for this reason I recall.

Reaction Score
You could add Owusu to that as well. Her scoring dropped 4 ppg and she missed games as well. I would have taken Owusu/Benzan off and added Mikesell and Williams.

Reaction Score
When you get down to it some voters rely on reputation more than actual merit. UConn's Williams rode her reputation every year since high school till it has finally devolved enough to only get her HM status this season. Much better and more valuable players on UConn and not just Paige.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
You could add Owusu to that as well. Her scoring dropped 4 ppg and she missed games as well. I would have taken Owusu/Benzan off and added Mikesell and Williams.
True, although I'd definitely have Owusu on there over the likes of Bueckers/Cooke. Either of one of those players getting any AA votes tells me some voters paid zero attention to this season.

Reaction Score
I wonder what % of the current WNBA players made AA? I'm not even certain what measures are used? Scoring averages? On what team? The eye test? There's always so much discussion because the measures are so varied.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I wonder what % of the current WNBA players made AA? I'm not even certain what measures are used? Scoring averages? On what team? The eye test? There's always so much discussion because the measures are so varied.
Usually comes down to who has led their team to the most success or who has been the best player on a strong team. Combination of stats, team success with some eye test sprinkled in. If you're the leading scorer on a top 10 team, chances are you'll get strong consideration for an All American nod. That said, if you put up huge numbers vs junk teams and disappear against better competition, voters usually take note of this.

Earning AA honors isn't a direct parallel to WNBA success, but vast majority of standout WNBA players were All Americans in college. Body type, length and overall athleticism are extremly important though for WNBA success but aren't as critical for collegiate success. There are countless examples of players who thrived in college and made AA teams but weren't able to replicate similar success in the pros, largely due to physicality.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I admit that I'd never heard of Jennifer Coleman before. I looked her up and her stats were incredible, especially for a 5'9" guard.

Reaction Score
I was looking up information on the Honorable Mentions and when I looked up Jasmine Dickey they listed her from James Madison.
I couldn't find her on their roster. She was however on the Delaware roster. Just wanted her to get credit for the right team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom